    been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
    Help.
    Roland
    Gweltek, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Gweltek

    HF Guest

    Have a look in Contro panel at Sounds and Multi media.Look at the audio tab
    the Advanced button for the mic.You should have unplugged it but then you
    might have lost it!?

    HF, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Gweltek

    bambam Guest

    (Gweltek) wrote in news:433d6666.12311124
    @news.freeserve.com:

    > A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
    > microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
    > attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
    > remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
    > Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
    > cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
    > not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
    > been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
    > Help.
    > Roland

    When you are in "Volume Controls" select options/properties, is microphone
    listed?
    bambam, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Gweltek

    Gweltek Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:52:00 GMT, bambam <>
    wrote:

    > (Gweltek) wrote in news:433d6666.12311124
    >@news.freeserve.com:
    >
    >> A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
    >> microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
    >> attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
    >> remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
    >> Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
    >> cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
    >> not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
    >> been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
    >> Help.
    >> Roland

    >When you are in "Volume Controls" select options/properties, is microphone
    >listed?

    Thanks bambam .... that did the trick
    Roland
    Gweltek, Oct 4, 2005