    fred Guest

    I can't seem to get my mic to work. I looked thru control panel and
    all looks fine but nuthin'. Any ideas? I'm using winxp

    fred, Nov 4, 2005

  2. fred

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:02:21 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:

    >I can't seem to get my mic to work. I looked thru control panel and
    >all looks fine but nuthin'. Any ideas? I'm using winxp

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Sounds and Audio Devices", "Volume" tab.
    Click the "Advanced" button, and make sure the Mic setting volume is all the way
    up and the "Mute" box is unchecked.

    If that's all OK, try another Mic.

    Unk, Nov 4, 2005

  3. fred

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:20:12 -0500, Unk <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:02:21 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:
    >
    >>I can't seem to get my mic to work. I looked thru control panel and
    >>all looks fine but nuthin'. Any ideas? I'm using winxp

    >Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Sounds and Audio Devices", "Volume" tab.
    >Click the "Advanced" button, and make sure the Mic setting volume is all the way
    >up and the "Mute" box is unchecked.
    >
    >If that's all OK, try another Mic.

    Uh, to the OP, fred. Is it plugged in?
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Nov 4, 2005
  4. fred

    fred Guest

    joevan <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:20:12 -0500, Unk <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:02:21 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I can't seem to get my mic to work. I looked thru control panel

    and
    >>>all looks fine but nuthin'. Any ideas? I'm using winxp

    >>Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Sounds and Audio Devices",
    >>"Volume" tab. Click the "Advanced" button, and make sure the Mic
    >>setting volume is all the way up and the "Mute" box is unchecked.
    >>
    >>If that's all OK, try another Mic.
    >>

    > Uh, to the OP, fred. Is it plugged in?

    Ah, yes

    fred, Nov 5, 2005
  5. fred

    Keme Guest

    fred wrote:
    > joevan <> wrote in

    > and

    >>>Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Sounds and Audio Devices",
    >>>"Volume" tab. Click the "Advanced" button, and make sure the Mic
    >>>setting volume is all the way up and the "Mute" box is unchecked.
    >>>
    >>>If that's all OK, try another Mic.
    >>>

    >>Uh, to the OP, fred. Is it plugged in?

    > Ah, yes

    Has that specific mic ever worked with the input socket you're using?
    You may have sensitivity issues:

    - Ordinary soundcard inputs often have too low input sensitivity for
    professional grade microphones. Use a high output (computer) mic or
    connect through a mic amplifier.

    - Many soundcards have separate sockets for mic level and line level
    inputs. The sensitivity of the mic input may be anywhere from 50 to 1000
    times that of the line input, so make sure you're plugging into the mic
    input.

    Keme, Nov 14, 2005
  6. fred

    fred Guest

    Keme <> wrote in news:4378c6d8$1
    @news.broadpark.no:

    > fred wrote:
    >> joevan <> wrote in

    >> and

    >>>Uh, to the OP, fred. Is it plugged in?

    >> Ah, yes

    > Has that specific mic ever worked with the input socket you're using?
    > You may have sensitivity issues:
    >
    > - Ordinary soundcard inputs often have too low input sensitivity for
    > professional grade microphones. Use a high output (computer) mic or
    > connect through a mic amplifier.
    >
    > - Many soundcards have separate sockets for mic level and line level
    > inputs. The sensitivity of the mic input may be anywhere from 50 to

    1000
    > times that of the line input, so make sure you're plugging into the

    mic
    > input.

    sorry for the late responce but yes the mic worked fine before. I
    resently replaced the network card and hard drive and am having some
    other issues too. When I try to hibernater my computer or play some
    games off cd my computer screen goes funny like the display settings are
    wrong and then it reboots. I think I have reinstalled the drivers and
    it seems that everything is ok and updated. Would it hurt anything if I
    load every driver I can find from my install cds or would that create
    conflicts? BTW, thanks for the reply.

    fred, Dec 7, 2005
  7. fred

    Keme Guest

    fred wrote:
    [...]

    > sorry for the late responce but yes the mic worked fine before. I
    > resently replaced the network card and hard drive and am having some
    > other issues too. When I try to hibernater my computer or play some
    > games off cd my computer screen goes funny like the display settings are
    > wrong and then it reboots. I think I have reinstalled the drivers and
    > it seems that everything is ok and updated. Would it hurt anything if I
    > load every driver I can find from my install cds or would that create
    > conflicts? BTW, thanks for the reply.

    Seems like a conflict of some sort between video and sound
    electronics/drivers (check for conflicts in the "system - devices"
    section) or possibly a conflict with Windows SP2.

    Re-seat the soundcard, and try a different slot if available.

    You may need a new ...
    - Video and/or audio driver (download from web support pages)
    - Windows patch (run Windows update)
    - Motherboard firmware (download from web support)
    - Soundcard (it may be faulty, so check it in another computer if possible)

    Good luck

    Keme, Dec 9, 2005