    Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    Cheers in advance

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Krazy Bob

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in
    news:pZRlf.6583$:

    > There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    > all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
    > "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
    > doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im
    > getting *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near
    > the speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s

    Go buy a headset.
    Try looking for Echo Cancel mode in the "teamspeak" software.

    One or the other is the standard fix.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Krazy Bob

    David Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
    > now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >
    > There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
    > but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute" off
    > from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it is
    > making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad echo's
    > from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put mute
    > back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >
    > Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    > Cheers in advance
    >
    > KB

    Are you using the recording control? File->properties->recording. That
    might help.

    David, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Krazy Bob

    Mark Remfrey Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
    >now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >
    > There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
    > but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"
    > off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this
    > it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
    > echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i
    > put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >
    > Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    > Cheers in advance

    I use TeamSpeak2 daily.....

    Are you sure you have TS set to a talk key, and not voice activation? If on
    voice activation, also make sure the threshold is not too low.

    One other thing you may want to do is go through the mic setup in Messenger
    to set it the mic levels before working with TS.

    If you need a hand with this, lemme know, and we can set up to connect on
    our TS server and work it out.

    --

    Regards,
    Mark Remfrey

    "Two wrongs don't make a right.... it usually takes three or more!"

    Mark Remfrey, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in
    >
    >> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    >> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
    >> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
    >> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im
    >> getting *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near
    >> the speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s

    > Go buy a headset.
    > Try looking for Echo Cancel mode in the "teamspeak" software.

    This does not fix the problem, as when i breath into the microphone piece, i
    can hear it comming out of my speakers, and there is no echo cancel mode in
    team speak, i can't understand whats happening tho, before it was fine, i
    could talk without hearing it comming out of my speakers, but now my mic is
    picking up everything.

    cheers for your input tho

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is
    >> fine now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >>
    >> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    >> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
    >> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
    >> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting
    >> *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the
    >> speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >>
    >> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    >> Cheers in advance
    >>
    >> KB

    > Are you using the recording control? File->properties->recording. That
    > might help.

    Doing what you suggested there, only records what is being said in the whole
    team speak channel,

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Mark Remfrey" <> wrote in message
    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
    >>now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >>
    >> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    >> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
    >> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
    >> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting
    >> *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the
    >> speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >>
    >> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    >> Cheers in advance
    >>

    > I use TeamSpeak2 daily.....
    >
    > Are you sure you have TS set to a talk key, and not voice activation? If
    > on voice activation, also make sure the threshold is not too low.
    >
    > One other thing you may want to do is go through the mic setup in
    > Messenger to set it the mic levels before working with TS.
    >
    > If you need a hand with this, lemme know, and we can set up to connect on
    > our TS server and work it out.

    Yea cheers mate, everyone has been set up correctly i went over each setting
    with the server admin and it was all sweet, and out of randomness, i turned
    on the "line in" function as well as "mic in" function and now it works how
    it did before...bloody windows for ya.

    Just out of random, would you know why after a certain time everything i say
    comes out all statically leaving me getting booted out of ts by the sa, and
    having to reboot to get it back to normal??

    cheers for your help you
    KB

    If you ever want to drop in our TS for a chat our address is
    203.13.37.55:8776
    Look for LoneStar

    Krazy Bob, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
    >now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >
    > There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
    > but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"
    > off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this
    > it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
    > echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i
    > put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >
    > Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    > Cheers in advance
    >
    > KB

    Problem solved...

    Krazy Bob, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Krazy Bob

    NZed Guest

    Team speak Conferance quality ?

    I used team speak ages ago.....I presently use skype.
    Can anyone tell me how many people in can use Team Speak in conference and
    if the quality is compairibly good as skype ie 4 or 5 people ?
    NZed

    NZed, Dec 9, 2005
  10. Krazy Bob

    NZed Guest

    We all use broadband or cable ..Just thinking that team speak being Peer to
    peer may be better ?
    NZed

    NZed, Dec 9, 2005
  11. Krazy Bob

    Mark Remfrey Guest

    Re: Team speak Conferance quality ?

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    >I used team speak ages ago.....I presently use skype.
    > Can anyone tell me how many people in can use Team Speak in conference and
    > if the quality is compairibly good as skype ie 4 or 5 people ?
    > NZed
    >
    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is
    >> fine
    >> now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >>
    >> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    >> all,
    >> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"

    > off
    >> from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it

    > is
    >> making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
    >> echo's
    >> from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put

    > mute
    >> back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >>
    >> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    >> Cheers in advance

    We have had up to 50 in a channel. You can configure the codec rate on a
    channel by channel basis, and also control how much bandwidth you want to
    allocate locally.

    It is very, very smoooooth....

    Mark Remfrey, Dec 9, 2005
  12. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    > "NZed" <> wrote in message
    >>I used team speak ages ago.....I presently use skype.
    >> Can anyone tell me how many people in can use Team Speak in conference
    >> and
    >> if the quality is compairibly good as skype ie 4 or 5 people ?
    >> NZed
    >>
    >> "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is
    >>> fine
    >>> now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
    >>>
    >>> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
    >>> all,
    >>> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"

    >> off
    >>> from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it

    >> is
    >>> making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
    >>> echo's
    >>> from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put

    >> mute
    >>> back on, no one can hear me :-s
    >>>
    >>> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
    >>> Cheers in advance
    >>>

    > We have had up to 50 in a channel. You can configure the codec rate on a
    > channel by channel basis, and also control how much bandwidth you want to
    > allocate locally.
    >
    > It is very, very smoooooth....

    I have never had any real problems over quality, the only thing is when you
    have 20 people in all going off at the same time, quite hard to hear lol

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 9, 2005
  13. Krazy Bob

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Remfrey" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "NZed" <> wrote in message
    >>>I used team speak ages ago.....I presently use skype.
    >>> Can anyone tell me how many people in can use Team Speak in conference
    >>> and
    >>> if the quality is compairibly good as skype ie 4 or 5 people ?
    >>> NZed
    >>>
    >>> "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    >>> off
    >>> is
    >>> mute

    >> We have had up to 50 in a channel. You can configure the codec rate on a
    >> channel by channel basis, and also control how much bandwidth you want to
    >> allocate locally.
    >>
    >> It is very, very smoooooth....
    >>

    > I have never had any real problems over quality, the only thing is when
    > you have 20 people in all going off at the same time, quite hard to hear
    > lol

    Hey dude,

    Have you seen TeamSpeak Overlay? Great little app that overlays who is
    talking in TS on top of your full-screen game! :) Great help when you are
    in-game with people you don't know well.

    Mark Remfrey, Dec 9, 2005
  14. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mark Remfrey" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "NZed" <> wrote in message

    >>> We have had up to 50 in a channel. You can configure the codec rate on a
    >>> channel by channel basis, and also control how much bandwidth you want
    >>> to allocate locally.
    >>>
    >>> It is very, very smoooooth....
    >>>

    >> I have never had any real problems over quality, the only thing is when
    >> you have 20 people in all going off at the same time, quite hard to hear
    >> lol
    >>

    > Hey dude,
    >
    > Have you seen TeamSpeak Overlay? Great little app that overlays who is
    > talking in TS on top of your full-screen game! :) Great help when you are
    > in-game with people you don't know well.

    No i can't say i have seen it, i will have a google for it now.

    Many Thanks
    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 9, 2005