Microoft press training kit - sufficient to pass MCITP core exams?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Trust No One®, Apr 23, 2010.

  1. Hi all,

    My last venture into Microsoft certification was the NT4 MCSE many years
    ago.

    I work in IT with around 10 years experience in W2K and W2K3.

    After careful thought I've decided that I'd like to go for the Windows 2008
    MCITP rather than the 2003 MCSE certification. Having both would be nice
    but beyond my budget!

    I've purchased the Microsoft self-paced training kit for the Server 2008
    Enterprise Administration core requirements. I've also invested in the
    Windows 2008 resource kit. I do have an appropriate home network and can
    also use the test lab at work.

    Was after opinions as to whether the MSFT training kit + real world
    experience (albeit W2K3) is sufficient to pass the core exams. Has anyone
    been there done it?

    Thoughts appreciated.

    --
    Peter <X-Files fan>
    Trust No One®, Apr 23, 2010

  2. Hi Peter,

    While all of what you mentioned is good, you should have some real world
    experience with Server 2008. Barring 'real world' you should make sure to
    at least install and work with the products in a lab environment... build it
    out and know the products because despite many similarities there are also
    huge differences.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, May 3, 2010