    when a picture is sent to the drive..

    Cheers

    Neil

    NCK, Apr 11, 2004

  2. NCK

    Jim Townsend Guest

    NCK wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of getting a 2.2GB microdrive to use as my primary image
    > storage medium. Has anyone got experience of using these devices? I'd like
    > to know what it does for the battery life. Hopefully it only switches on
    > when a picture is sent to the drive..

    Yes.. They only run when writing or reading. The rest of the time
    they're parked and idle.

    I've used one in my cameras and in a pocket PC.. I haven't noticed
    any difference in power consumption. There probably is a slight
    difference, but it's too close to tell without taking the time
    to measure.

    Jim Townsend, Apr 11, 2004

  3. NCK

    Don Guest

    I've used an IBM-version 1GB for several years, and find no noticeable
    difference between it and a CF flash card. They meet the CF spec for power.
    As with a flash card, they essentially only consume power while reading and
    writing.

    Don

    Don, Apr 11, 2004
  4. "NCK" <> wrote in message news:<6f9ec.54$3I2.46@newsfe1-win>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of getting a 2.2GB microdrive to use as my primary image
    > storage medium. Has anyone got experience of using these devices? I'd like
    > to know what it does for the battery life. Hopefully it only switches on
    > when a picture is sent to the drive.

    No difference.

    George Preddy, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Don wrote:

    >I've used an IBM-version 1GB for several years, and find no noticeable
    >difference between it and a CF flash card. They meet the CF spec for power.
    >As with a flash card, they essentially only consume power while reading and
    >writing.
    >
    >Don

    do these use the same interface (card reader) as a CF card?
    thanks
    chas

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Apr 12, 2004