    best places to look for support forums, tech support ? Are there any local
    user groups ?

    TJoS
    The Jesus of Suburbia, Feb 11, 2006

  2. The Jesus of Suburbia

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:07:56 +1300, "The Jesus of Suburbia"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm looking at buying a microcontroller programmer and building a few
    >circuits for various tasks around the house. I did some Z80 and x86
    >assembler coding many years ago but I would would prefer to use BASIC for my
    >initial foray into this field. Does anybody have any recommendations with
    >regard to which chips to choose, IDE's, compilers etc ? Also, where are the
    >best places to look for support forums, tech support ? Are there any local
    >user groups ?
    >
    >TJoS

    There's AVR Basic but I have not used it. Then take a look at all the
    Silicon chip articles on the new Basic stamp, or whatever it's called.

    I use the Pic Basic Pro compiler, and am very pleased with it. But, it
    is USD250. See www.melabs.com
    Barry Lennox, Feb 11, 2006

  3. The Jesus of Suburbia

    Greg Guest

    Re: Microcontrollers: which one ? which language ? which compiler?

    Use a smart relay or a low end PLC, it should do what you need. Ladder
    logic programing, it's not too hard to do.

    Greg, Feb 11, 2006