    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."
    MaHogany, Oct 23, 2006

  2. MaHogany

    Blue Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:09:25 +1300, MaHogany wrote:

    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/16/AR2006101600817.html
    >
    > "" Microsoft Corp. is preparing to release privacy guidelines based on its
    > own internal practices in hopes of getting companies to adopt more
    > cohesive standards for safeguarding people's personal information. ""
    >
    > Does ANYBODY think that a company that is on record as having lied to its
    > staff can reasonably expect others to follow that company's internal
    > practises? Anybody at all?

    We might bitch about the Privacy Act, which is not perfect, but it is
    certainly better than MS trying to be leader.
    Blue, Oct 23, 2006

  3. "MaHogany" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/16/AR2006101600817.html
    >
    > "" Microsoft Corp. is preparing to release privacy guidelines based on its
    > own internal practices in hopes of getting companies to adopt more
    > cohesive standards for safeguarding people's personal information. ""
    >
    > Does ANYBODY think that a company that is on record as having lied to its
    > staff can reasonably expect others to follow that company's internal
    > practises? Anybody at all?
    >

    > Ma Hogany
    >
    > --
    > "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    > fries with that, if prompted."

    Lied to their staff? Link?

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm
    Mauricio Freitas, Oct 23, 2006
  4. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:26:29 +1300, Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    >> Does ANYBODY think that a company that is on record as having lied to its
    >> staff can reasonably expect others to follow that company's internal
    >> practises? Anybody at all?

    > Lied to their staff? Link?

    That fact came to the surface during the DOJ trial in the USA.

    I don't have a link immediately to hand.

    If you're very interested in that point I suggest that "Google is your
    friend".

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 23, 2006
  5. MaHogany

    impossible Guest

    "MaHogany" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:26:29 +1300, Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >> Lied to their staff? Link?

    > That fact came to the surface during the DOJ trial in the USA.
    >
    > I don't have a link immediately to hand.
    >
    > If you're very interested in that point I suggest that "Google is
    > your
    > friend".

    In other words, you've made this up. Btw, heard the one about how how
    Linus Torvalds lied to the DOJ? I don't have a link immediately to
    hand, but ...Isn't gossip fun?
    impossible, Oct 23, 2006
  6. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:29:06 -0400, impossible wrote:

    >> If you're very interested in that point I suggest that "Google is
    >> your
    >> friend".
    >>

    > In other words, you've made this up.

    Incorrect.

    I didn't make it up. I did read about it on the WWW, but it was quite some
    time ago, and I can't recall exactly where it was tha tI read it.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 23, 2006
  7. T'was the Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:41:02 +1300 when I remembered MaHogany
    <> saying something like this:

    >I didn't make it up. I did read about it on the WWW, but it was quite some
    >time ago, and I can't recall exactly where it was tha tI read it.

    Sorry, I had to interject here. You read about something on that
    wonderfully factual domain of knowledge known as the World Wide Web,
    have no references to said article so we can at least decide whether
    or not the article you're quoting comes from a (relatively) reliable
    source, and instead we're to just go on a random string of thoughts
    you've put together that have some sound of "truthiness"?

    Nice.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 23, 2006
  8. MaHogany

    Phil Guest

    MaHogany wrote, On 23/10/06 7.17 p:
    > If you're very interested in that point I suggest that "Google is your
    > friend".

    It's *your* job to find the sources that back up *your* claims, why
    should other people waste their time looking for nothing?

    -Phil
    Phil, Oct 23, 2006
  9. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:17:34 +1300, Phil wrote:

    > It's *your* job to find the sources that back up *your* claims, why
    > should other people waste their time looking for nothing?

    Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 23, 2006
  10. MaHogany

    impossible Guest

    "MaHogany" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:17:34 +1300, Phil wrote:
    >
    >> It's *your* job to find the sources that back up *your* claims, why
    >> should other people waste their time looking for nothing?

    > Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    Last refuge of a scoundrel.
    impossible, Oct 23, 2006
  11. MaHogany

    Phil Guest

    MaHogany wrote, On 24/10/06 12.42 a:
    > On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:17:34 +1300, Phil wrote:
    >
    >> It's *your* job to find the sources that back up *your* claims, why
    >> should other people waste their time looking for nothing?

    > Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    So who's "job" is it then to find some facts to support your claims?

    -Phil
    Phil, Oct 25, 2006
  12. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:37:43 +1300, Phil wrote:

    >>> It's *your* job to find the sources that back up *your* claims, why
    >>> should other people waste their time looking for nothing?

    >> Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    > So who's "job" is it then to find some facts to support your claims?

    It's nobody's "job".

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 25, 2006
  13. MaHogany

    impossible Guest

    "MaHogany" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    >> So who's "job" is it then to find some facts to support your
    >> claims?

    > It's nobody's "job".

    Fine, so you're just a liar then.
    impossible, Oct 25, 2006
  14. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:27:35 -0400, impossible wrote:

    >>> So who's "job" is it then to find some facts to support your
    >>> claims?

    >> It's nobody's "job".
    >>

    > Fine, so you're just a liar then.

    Non sequitur.

    If you're prepared to employ me to do that then I'll consider it a part of
    my "job". Until then it's most definitely not a part of my employment.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 26, 2006
  15. MaHogany

    EMB Guest

    MaHogany wrote:

    > If you're prepared to employ me to do that then I'll consider it a part of
    > my "job". Until then it's most definitely not a part of my employment.

    job <> employment

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 26, 2006
  16. MaHogany

    Phil Guest

    MaHogany wrote, On 26/10/06 7.57 a:

    >>> Sorry, mate. It's not my "job" to do that at all.

    >> So who's "job" is it then to find some facts to support your claims?

    > It's nobody's "job".

    So if you're not going to find factual basis for your claims, and nobody
    else is going to do it for you -- your claims are completely baseless,
    unfounded, and should be disregarded.

    -Phil
    Phil, Oct 26, 2006
  17. MaHogany

    impossible Guest

    "MaHogany" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's nobody's "job".
    >>>

    >> Fine, so you're just a liar then.

    > Non sequitur.

    Make it your job to prove you're not a liar -- or not -- it's up to
    you.

    > If you're prepared to employ me to do that then I'll consider it a
    > part of
    > my "job". Until then it's most definitely not a part of my
    > employment.

    You're value-added in this newsgroup is zero. I wouldn't hold my
    breath for any offers.
    impossible, Oct 26, 2006
  18. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:23:42 -0400, impossible wrote:

    > You're value-added in this newsgroup is zero. I wouldn't hold my
    > breath for any offers.

    LOL - I don't care!

    I have an enjoyable job, work with lovely people, and don't consider
    anything to do with this NG to be in any way "job" related.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 27, 2006
  19. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:29:09 +1300, Phil wrote:

    > So if you're not going to find factual basis for your claims, and nobody
    > else is going to do it for you -- your claims are completely baseless,
    > unfounded, and should be disregarded.

    As if I care - this is only Usenet.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 27, 2006
  20. MaHogany

    EMB Guest

    MaHogany wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:29:09 +1300, Phil wrote:
    >
    >> So if you're not going to find factual basis for your claims, and nobody
    >> else is going to do it for you -- your claims are completely baseless,
    >> unfounded, and should be disregarded.

    > As if I care - this is only Usenet.

    Piss enough people off on Usenet and one day one of them might pop up in
    Real Life (TM) and make your life a real misery.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 27, 2006