    any help appreciated

    cheers

    mart

    martmoover, Dec 8, 2003

  2. martmoover

    Boomer Guest

    "martmoover" <> wrote in
    news:S54Bb.2$:

    > hi, has anyone else had an issue with an IE popup?
    >
    > every now and again when in IE i notice a new window (always
    > minimised) pop up in my toolbar. it wont maximise to see the
    > content and when closed it drags right towards my system tray.
    >
    > the unusual thing is the spelling or i would have dismissed it...
    > micorsoft!!!
    >
    > ive done a full sytem scan, spyware scan etc but nothing in
    > showing up.
    >
    > im using win2kpro btw
    >
    > any help appreciated
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > mart

    What did you use to scan for spyware?

    Here's some info for a quick Google search:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&q=micorsoft%2Bspyware&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?I417120C6

    Boomer, Dec 8, 2003

  3. martmoover

    °Mike° Guest

    Install, update and run *all* of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    Also consider the Google toolbar to stop pop-ups.
    http://toolbar.google.com/

    On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 19:17:26 -0000, in
    <S54Bb.2$>
    martmoover scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 8, 2003
  4. martmoover

    Liz Guest

    "martmoover" wrote:
    > hi, has anyone else had an issue with an IE popup?
    >
    > every now and again when in IE i notice a new window (always minimised) pop
    > up in my toolbar. it wont maximise to see the content and when closed it
    > drags right towards my system tray.
    >
    > the unusual thing is the spelling or i would have dismissed it...
    > micorsoft!!!
    >
    > ive done a full sytem scan, spyware scan etc but nothing in showing up.

    I have experienced the same phantom window when using IE.
    Though I heard this is an XP bug; I've seen it two or three times
    on Windows ME. So I kind of think this is another IE6 bug from
    one of the MS updates. I first noticed this about a month ago.
    Anyway, you can hit Alt+F4 to close this phantom window.

    Liz, Dec 8, 2003
  5. martmoover

    Harrison Guest

    Parasitic BHO (Browser Help Object)
    Run hijackthis and you should find it listed there.

    Harrison, Dec 8, 2003
  6. martmoover

    martmoover Guest

    hi, thanks for your replies - i only used ad-aware to scan my sysstem... ill
    do what mike suggets and let u all know...

    thanks

    mart

    martmoover, Dec 8, 2003
  7. martmoover

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Tim Weaver, Dec 8, 2003
  8. martmoover

    Boomer Guest

    Tim Weaver <tim_m_weaver(REMOVE_THIS)> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    > <chop>
    >> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?I417120C6

    > I like TinyRUL better because you don't pitstop at their site.
    >
    > <twitch>

    <wacks Tim long side the head>

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun

    Boomer, Dec 8, 2003