micore.exe

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chris, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    hello you lot,

    I recently managed to pick up a process on my machine called 'micore.exe'.
    It's consuming quite alot of my cpu and I want rid of it.

    a) Anyone know what this is? Google turns up diddly
    b) how do I get rid of it? Killing it from the list of running processes
    doesn't work - it reactivates straight away

    Just so you know, I've already got and have run.....

    Ad-aware
    Spybot S&D
    Spyhunter
    Trojan remover
    CWshredder
    Spyware Blaster
    Lavasoft's VX2 hunter

    ....with all most recent updates and all report a clean machine....but I'm
    suspicious of this thing because it's only recently turned up in my yard.

    Any ideas?

    Chris

    Chris, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Chris

    Rob K Guest

    Chris wrote :
    <snipped>

    > I recently managed to pick up a process on my machine called 'micore.exe'.
    > It's consuming quite alot of my cpu and I want rid of it.
    >
    > a) Anyone know what this is? Google turns up diddly
    > b) how do I get rid of it? Killing it from the list of running processes
    > doesn't work - it reactivates straight away

    Hmmmm.... ! I've assumed that your machine is well and truly 'clean'.

    Found nothing here:
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/ so FWIW
    maybe it's just something that's installed on your PC ?

    Could this be it ? Somethink work-related ?
    http://www.nexusopensoftware.co.uk/products/micore/features/

    HTH ... ?!

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Chris

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Chris

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Juan Pérez, Jun 25, 2004
  5. "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > hello you lot,
    >
    > I recently managed to pick up a process on my machine called 'micore.exe'.
    > It's consuming quite alot of my cpu and I want rid of it.
    >
    > a) Anyone know what this is? Google turns up diddly
    > b) how do I get rid of it? Killing it from the list of running processes
    > doesn't work - it reactivates straight away
    >
    > Just so you know, I've already got and have run.....
    >
    > Ad-aware
    > Spybot S&D
    > Spyhunter
    > Trojan remover
    > CWshredder
    > Spyware Blaster
    > Lavasoft's VX2 hunter
    >
    > ...with all most recent updates and all report a clean machine....but I'm
    > suspicious of this thing because it's only recently turned up in my yard.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Chris

    Could be this thing:

    http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2004-06-24&isc=74175616f397fad48ffe4717daafe2ce

    It's new, so it's not getting picked up by a lot of stuff yet.

    Sparky Polastri, Jun 25, 2004