    am considering burning it to DVD-R, but I was curious to know if anyone has
    heard anything about a possible DVD release of this film?
    Sure, it's weird and cheesey, but I'd still like to purchase it.
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Wade365 Guest

    << Sure, it's weird and cheesey, but I'd still like to purchase it. >>

    Y'know... I was in the local Best Buy the other day and I checked to see if
    they still carried copies of "Ghost Dad". Indeed they still were (but as with
    Easter island, no one seems to know how or why).

    With that still going on don't be ashamed, there are people out there with
    worse taste than you buying dumber movies - count on it.

    All this being said (and quite needlessly but that's the internet), I have no
    answer for your question but I hope you feel better.

    Now where's that copy of "Super Mario Brothers"? Know I left it laying around
    here somewhere... ahhhhhh here it is... under the "Ishtar"...
    Wade365, Oct 1, 2003

  3. "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    > I've have the (unfortunately) pan & scan LD of Micheal Mann's The Keep,

    and
    > am considering burning it to DVD-R, but I was curious to know if anyone

    has
    > heard anything about a possible DVD release of this film?
    > Sure, it's weird and cheesey, but I'd still like to purchase it.

    I don't know about Mich*EA*l Mann's The Keep, but maybe one day they will
    actually release Mich*AE*l Mann's The Keep.

    Ya know, it's not as though Michael is an odd, weird, or rarely used name.
    It's a very common name. When will people actually learn how to spell it
    correctly??? Sheesh!
    Michael Black, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Joseph S. Powell, III <> wrote:

    > I've have the (unfortunately) pan & scan LD of Micheal Mann's The Keep, and
    > am considering burning it to DVD-R, but I was curious to know if anyone has
    > heard anything about a possible DVD release of this film?
    > Sure, it's weird and cheesey, but I'd still like to purchase it.

    I'm rereading the rather-decent book at the moment, so I was thinking
    the same thing.

    The film's a pretty poor adaptation, but I'd still like it, also.
    Peter Briggs, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Shinner Guest

    "Michael Black" <mblack@NO_FREAKING_michaelblack.com_SPAM_FOR_ME> wrote
    in news:BhCeb.5278$:

    > I don't know about Mich*EA*l Mann's The Keep, but maybe one day they
    > will actually release Mich*AE*l Mann's The Keep.
    > Ya know, it's not as though Michael is an odd, weird, or rarely used
    > name. It's a very common name. When will people actually learn how to
    > spell it correctly??? Sheesh!

    Maybe it's the Irish spelling.....yes, "EA"
    Shinner, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > I've have the (unfortunately) pan & scan LD of Micheal Mann's The

    Keep, and
    > > am considering burning it to DVD-R, but I was curious to know if

    anyone has
    > > heard anything about a possible DVD release of this film?
    > > Sure, it's weird and cheesey, but I'd still like to purchase it.

    > I'm rereading the rather-decent book at the moment, so I was thinking
    > the same thing.
    >
    > The film's a pretty poor adaptation, but I'd still like it, also.

    Finally caught this one on the widescreen laserdisc not too long ago.

    YEESH!!

    I guess I can see hints as to how the book might be interesting, but the
    movie... YEESH!!
    Joshua Zyber, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Joshua Zyber <> wrote:

    > I guess I can see hints as to how the book might be interesting, but the
    > movie... YEESH!!

    Aw, I'm a sucker for anything with monsters and Nazis. I even liked the
    beginning of Cannon's "Captain America"...
    Peter Briggs, Oct 3, 2003
  8. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Wade365 Guest

    << Aw, I'm a sucker for anything with monsters and Nazis. I even liked the
    beginning of Cannon's "Captain America"... >>

    OK... the capt. America might be going a little far... but Ijust got to se this
    film on the dish yesterday and sparked by this conversation I sat through it...
    wow, did Tangerine Dream set the standard for movie soundtrack work in the 80s
    or what?!?!

    On the whole, the movie still held it's B place in the world, it's still a cool
    concept of the guardian and the special weapon... and I had forgotten about the
    creature making Nazi skulls explode, that was a nice graphic touch... but on
    the whole, what a dog of a film... fun, but a bowser for sure.

    Are those contact lenses Scott Glenn is wearing or are those his real eyes?
    Gotta load up "Silverado" now and find out I guess.
    Wade365, Oct 3, 2003
  9. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Hugh Candlin Guest

    Hugh Candlin, Oct 3, 2003