    /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35.7
    ^ ^ 19:38:01 up 12 days 20:55 1 user load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00
    ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

    Man-wai Chang, Oct 12, 2010

  2. Man-wai Chang

    DanP Guest

    On Oct 12, 3:28 pm, Man-wai Chang <> wrote:
    > Could we trust this old program?
    >
    > Is there online test that does the same thing?
    >
    > --
    >    @~@   Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    >   / v \  Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
    > /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.35.7
    >    ^ ^   19:38:01 up 12 days 20:55 1 user load average: 1.00 1.01 1.00
    > ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

    You worry too much about the capabilties of your camera.
    Go out, take pictures and if you see bad pixels then you should search
    for a fix.
    If there is no problem then there is no need for a fix.

    DanP

    DanP, Oct 12, 2010

  3. > You worry too much about the capabilties of your camera.
    > Go out, take pictures and if you see bad pixels then you should search
    > for a fix.
    > If there is no problem then there is no need for a fix.

    I guess the days of worrying about bad CMOS/CCD sensors were over... :)

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35.7
    ^ ^ 00:41:01 up 13 days 1:58 1 user load average: 1.00 1.01 1.02
    ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

    Man-wai Chang, Oct 12, 2010
  4. Man-wai Chang

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 12, 12:42 pm, Man-wai Chang <> wrote:
    > > You worry too much about the capabilties of your camera.
    > > Go out, take pictures and if you see bad pixels then you should search
    > > for a fix.
    > > If there is no problem then there is no need for a fix.

    > I guess the days of worrying about bad CMOS/CCD sensors were over... :)
    >
    > --

    No...I'm sure cheaper Nikon's still have them. However, those
    programs can be tuned to pick up any variance in pixel output, and can
    indicated myriad flawed pixels that you really wouldn't have a problem
    with in real-life scenes. Dead pixels and red pixels, visible clearly
    in normal (best to do a night shot) photos are what you have to worry
    about. Dark-framing in-camera gets rid of problems having to do with
    hot pixels that only appear on longer exposures.

    Rich, Oct 12, 2010
  5. Man-wai Chang

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Oct 12, 12:42 pm, Man-wai Chang <> wrote:
    >> > You worry too much about the capabilties of your camera.
    >> > Go out, take pictures and if you see bad pixels then you should search
    >> > for a fix.
    >> > If there is no problem then there is no need for a fix.

    >> I guess the days of worrying about bad CMOS/CCD sensors were over... :)
    >>
    >> --

    >No...I'm sure cheaper Nikon's still have them.

    All new Nikon DSLRs now have CMOS sensors and dead/hot pixels are
    mostly a thing of the past.

    The last Nikon DSLR with a CCD was the D3000. This model has just
    been discontinued, having been replaced by the CMOS-equipped D3100.

    The D5000 has also just been discontinued but that model had a CMOS
    sensor. Currently, no replacement has been announced.

    Bruce, Oct 13, 2010
  6. Man-wai Chang

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 12, 7:36 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:

    > >> I guess the days of worrying about bad CMOS/CCD sensors were over... :)

    > >> --

    > >No...I'm sure cheaper Nikon's still have them.

    > All new Nikon DSLRs now have CMOS sensors and dead/hot pixels are
    > mostly a thing of the past.

    What was in the D90? I saw three of them with dead pixels. I always
    figured Nikon was cherry-picking the sensors for the D300.

    Rich, Oct 13, 2010
  7. Man-wai Chang

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >On Oct 12, 7:36 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> Rich <> wrote:

    >> >No...I'm sure cheaper Nikon's still have them.

    >> All new Nikon DSLRs now have CMOS sensors and dead/hot pixels are
    >> mostly a thing of the past.
    >>

    >What was in the D90?

    Sony CMOS.

    >I saw three of them with dead pixels.

    If anyone was going to see dead pixels, it would be you. ;-)

    >I always
    >figured Nikon was cherry-picking the sensors for the D300.

    Of course.

    Just as Leica Camera cherry-picks the sensors for the X1 (they are
    basically the same sensors).

    Bruce, Oct 13, 2010