michael.rankine

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael Rankine, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
     
    Michael Rankine, Oct 13, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Michael Rankine

    ellis_jay Guest

    Michael Rankine wrote:
    > hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine


    Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting it
    and turning the casters clockwise.

    You are very welcome.

    --
    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
    the trouble. ___John Steinbeck

    Ellis_Jay
     
    ellis_jay, Oct 13, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Michael Rankine

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:

    > Michael Rankine wrote:
    >> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    >
    > Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    > it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >
    > You are very welcome.
    >
    > --
    > When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
    > welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
    > the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >
    > Ellis_Jay


    Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
    (that's the enter ket :))'.

    --
    John Brendan Doherty 1922-2007
    Soldier, Father, Grandfather, Admirable man.
    Requiescat in Pacem
     
    Aardvark, Oct 13, 2007
    #3
  4. Michael Rankine

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:51:34 GMT, "Michael Rankine"
    <> wrote:

    >hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine


    Bummer.
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Oct 13, 2007
    #4
  5. Michael Rankine

    TJ Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in news:4x4Qi.26707$HW.18750
    @newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    >>
    >> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    >> it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >>
    >> You are very welcome.
    >>
    >> --
    >> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
    >> welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
    >> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >>
    >> Ellis_Jay

    >
    > Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
    > (that's the enter ket :))'.
    >


    I don't use one, but I always thought a proper delimiter was hyphen,
    hyphen, SPACE, hard return?

    Besides, both OE and Xnews recognize Ellis_Jay's sig as being properly
    delimited and trim it when I hit reply. Maybe you're having a problem with
    Pan? You said something in a post I read a short while ago about a link
    not showing up correctly within it as well, I believe.
     
    TJ, Oct 13, 2007
    #5
  6. Michael Rankine

    Another Guest

    Michael Rankine wrote:
    > hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >
    >

    Your ISP has implemented an idiot filter and evidently it is working.
     
    Another, Oct 13, 2007
    #6
  7. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    >>
    >> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    >> it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >>
    >> You are very welcome.
    >>
    >> --
    >> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
    >> welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
    >> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >>
    >> Ellis_Jay

    >
    > Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
    > (that's the enter ket :))'.


    No, it should be hypen hyphen SPACE return.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
     
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2007
    #7
  8. Michael Rankine wrote:
    > hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine


    Enshrined! :)


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
     
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2007
    #8
  9. Michael Rankine

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:49:51 -0500, TJ wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote in news:4x4Qi.26707$HW.18750
    > @newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:
    >
    >> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
    >>
    >>> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >>>
    >>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    >>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >>>
    >>> You are very welcome.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    >>> not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness
    >>> causes
    >>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >>>
    >>> Ellis_Jay

    >>
    >> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard
    >> return (that's the enter ket :))'.
    >>
    >>

    > I don't use one, but I always thought a proper delimiter was hyphen,
    > hyphen, SPACE, hard return?
    >


    Sorry, brain fart. Didn't realise I'd missed a bit until I re-read my
    post just now.

    D'oh!

    --
    John Brendan Doherty 1922-2007
    Soldier, Father, Grandfather, Admirable man.
    Requiescat in Pacem
     
    Aardvark, Oct 13, 2007
    #9
  10. Michael Rankine

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:24:37 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
    >>
    >>> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >>>
    >>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    >>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >>>
    >>> You are very welcome.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    >>> not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness
    >>> causes
    >>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >>>
    >>> Ellis_Jay

    >>
    >> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard
    >> return (that's the enter ket :))'.

    >
    > No, it should be hypen hyphen SPACE return.


    Blinky see my reply to TJ. Once again: D'oh! :)

    All I can surmise is that I thought 'space', hit the Space key after I
    typed 'hard return' and forgot entirely to type the word. My typing style
    is single finger pick 'n peck. :)

    --
    John Brendan Doherty 1922-2007
    Soldier, Father, Grandfather, Admirable man.
    Requiescat in Pacem
     
    Aardvark, Oct 13, 2007
    #10
  11. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:24:37 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>>>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >>>>
    >>>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
    >>>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
    >>>>
    >>>> You are very welcome.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    >>>> not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness
    >>>> causes
    >>>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
    >>>>
    >>>> Ellis_Jay
    >>>
    >>> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard
    >>> return (that's the enter ket :))'.

    >>
    >> No, it should be hypen hyphen SPACE return.

    >
    > Blinky see my reply to TJ. Once again: D'oh! :)
    >
    > All I can surmise is that I thought 'space', hit the Space key after I
    > typed 'hard return' and forgot entirely to type the word. My typing style
    > is single finger pick 'n peck. :)


    They used to call that "hunt'n'peck" typing. So you're saying you're
    just a huntin' pecker? ;)


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
     
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2007
    #11
  12. Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2007
    #12
  13. Michael Rankine

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:03:09 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > They used to call that "hunt'n'peck" typing. So you're saying you're
    > just a huntin' pecker?


    Well, I was once. No longer need to do any hunting as I'm fairly sure of
    where all the keys are. Now I just pick one and peck at it.

    So I suppose that makes me a pickin' pecker :).

    --
    John Brendan Doherty 1922-2007
    Soldier, Father, Grandfather, Admirable man.
    Requiescat in Pacem
     
    Aardvark, Oct 13, 2007
    #13
  14. Michael Rankine

    samuel Guest

    "Michael Rankine" <> wrote in
    news:G34Qi.8219$:

    > hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine


    lol
     
    samuel, Oct 14, 2007
    #14
  15. Michael Rankine

    gangle Guest

    "Michael Rankine" wrote
    > hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine


    I know how you feel. I can't get the brown stains
    out of my underpants.


    --
    Ignore everything starting with "Ignore."
     
    gangle, Oct 14, 2007
    #15
  16. Michael Rankine

    Scraggy Guest

    gangle wrote:
    > "Michael Rankine" wrote
    >> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    >
    > I know how you feel. I can't get the brown stains
    > out of my underpants.


    Haysoos, you've advanced to wearing them now?
    Well done.

    --
    I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
    members. Groucho Marx
     
    Scraggy, Oct 14, 2007
    #16
  17. Michael Rankine

    gangle Guest

    "Scraggy" wrote
    > gangle wrote:
    > > "Michael Rankine" wrote
    > >> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    > >
    > > I know how you feel. I can't get the brown stains
    > > out of my underpants.

    >
    > Haysoos, you've advanced to wearing them now?
    > Well done.


    Nothing has changed. As usual, I wear them on my head
    when posting to this NG.

    --
    Eat me daddy, or leave me alone
     
    gangle, Oct 14, 2007
    #17
  18. Michael Rankine

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:50:11 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote:

    >"Scraggy" wrote
    >> gangle wrote:
    >> > "Michael Rankine" wrote
    >> >> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >> >
    >> > I know how you feel. I can't get the brown stains
    >> > out of my underpants.

    >>
    >> Haysoos, you've advanced to wearing them now?
    >> Well done.

    >
    >Nothing has changed. As usual, I wear them on my head
    >when posting to this NG.


    Excellent.

    --
    The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
    --Leonardo da Vinci
     
    Mara, Oct 14, 2007
    #18
  19. Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:50:11 -0700, "gangle" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Scraggy" wrote
    >>> gangle wrote:
    >>> > "Michael Rankine" wrote
    >>> >> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine
    >>> >
    >>> > I know how you feel. I can't get the brown stains
    >>> > out of my underpants.
    >>>
    >>> Haysoos, you've advanced to wearing them now?
    >>> Well done.

    >>
    >>Nothing has changed. As usual, I wear them on my head
    >>when posting to this NG.

    >
    > Excellent.


    Ah, gangle's back. He may as well wear his underpants on his head. After
    all, he's nothing to keep in them.....has he!

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0
    Linux systems: Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    (K)Ubuntu 7.04. Testing: Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" beta
     
    William Poaster, Oct 14, 2007
    #19
  20. Michael Rankine

    ellis_jay Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Michael Rankine wrote:
    >>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

    >>
    >> Enshrined! :)

    >
    > #2, with a virtual bullet. :)
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html


    Good ones!

    --
    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
    the trouble. ___John Steinbeck

    Ellis_Jay
     
    ellis_jay, Oct 14, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Fernando Enriquez

    TKIP Michael MIC problems

    Fernando Enriquez, Jun 30, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    5,906
    Fernando Enriquez
    Jul 4, 2005
  2. stephen

    Muirhead / Michael

    stephen, Jul 14, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    471
    stephen
    Jul 14, 2003
  3. nevillenevilleson

    Michael Jackson

    nevillenevilleson, Jul 8, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    482
    Parko
    Jul 8, 2005
  4. Tony Spadaro

    Re: Photoshop Color Correction by Michael Kieran

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 29, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    684
    Tony Spadaro
    Aug 29, 2003
  5. Vadim
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,396
    Vadim
    Nov 17, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page