Michael Alligood

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. I've got a question for you about Office. If you have a word document that
    looks sort of like below. The first page is a table of contents page with
    page numbers
    off to the right. (2,3,5,10) The pages are separated by dashes. If content
    is added to the pages though, the table of contents page numbers are wrong.
    It would be nice to know an easy method to keep these page numbers correctly
    numbered as content is added to pages of the document. Any suggestions? I
    tried looking and Indexes and Tables under the Insert Menu. (word 2000) but
    it seemed rather complex, along with the help topics. Have you ever faced
    this before? If so could you help? I know you are good with Office, if it is
    a big deal and takes too much time, dont worry about it.
    Board Report
    I. Our Goals ......................2
    II. Objectives .....................3
    III. Trustees .......................5
    IV. Getting to know us........10
    Our Goals
    We have many goals here at this company. Diversity and economics play a
    key role in them.
    I'm just typing here to fill space!
    Objectives
    Aren't objectives the same as goals? Probably so. This is a stupid
    page to have.
    I agree. Quite a stupid page!

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 14, 2006

  2. its just text it's not really a table

    Keith Chilton, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Keith, I am guessing that you are using word 2000 since it was
    mentioned in your post. You can create a "dynamic" TOC by using the
    built in styles. Here is a link that I have used before to help explain
    what needs to happen. I prefer this link because it has screen shots.
    Let me know if you need more assistance!
    http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=217

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 15, 2006
  4. Thank you by the way. Have yet to check it out but am going to tonight.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 16, 2006
  5. What a great link! Thanks a lot. I did it!!!

    Keith Chilton, Dec 16, 2006
  6. I hold on to these things for a reason. I am glad it helped you.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 16, 2006
  7. Many people at work will be rejoicing over this! Especially human resources!

    Keith Chilton, Dec 16, 2006
  8. It's the simple things in life that bring the best joys.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 17, 2006
  9. this makes me want to pursue getting certified in microsoft office again!
    LOL

    Keith Chilton, Dec 17, 2006