MICA modems allocation on AS5300

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Robert Hass, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Robert Hass

    Robert Hass Guest

    Hello

    I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
    is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
    60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
    to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).

    Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
    have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)

    My configuration:

    controller E1 0
    framing NO-CRC4
    clock source line primary
    pri-group timeslots 1-31
    !
    controller E1 1
    framing NO-CRC4
    clock source line secondary 1
    pri-group timeslots 1-31
    !
    !
    line 1 60
    exec-timeout 0 0
    absolute-timeout 30
    login authentication async
    modem answer-timeout 0
    modem InOut
    modem autoconfigure type POS-DialIN
    transport preferred none
    transport input telnet
    transport output pad telnet
    escape-character BREAK
    dispatch-character 4

    Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Hass, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Robert Hass

    Charlie Root Guest

    "Robert Hass" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
    > is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
    > 60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
    > to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).
    >
    > Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
    > have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)

    You can do this by specifying different 'dialer-group' on respective
    D-channels (int Serial0:15 and Serial1:15). Then for analogue calls define
    two group-Asyn interfaces specifying which modems you'd like to allocate for
    it and which 'dialer-group' the group-Async belongs to. See "Dial
    Technologies Configuration Guide" in IOS documentation set.

    Kind regards,
    iLya
    Charlie Root, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Robert,

    You can't directly map from a physical E1 (PRI) to a set of modem lines.
    However, you CAN do what you want if the two different PRIs present
    different DNIS to you. Then you can use either the older modem pooling,
    or, if you have more recent IOS, the more flexible RPM feature.

    Modem pooling is simpler and will suffice for your needs. Here's an
    example:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800b4c51.shtml

    In re the other followup posting - since these are character mode PoS
    calls and do not use a framed protocol, configuring dialer (or any)
    interfaces will be irrelevant to your setup.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hello
    ~
    ~ I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
    ~ is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
    ~ 60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
    ~ to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).
    ~
    ~ Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
    ~ have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)
    ~
    ~ My configuration:
    ~
    ~ controller E1 0