    there wasn't supposed to be one...

    thx
    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Feb 10, 2005

  2. "Ed Kim" <> writes:
    >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
    >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
    >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
    >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
    >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
    >there wasn't supposed to be one...

    No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).

    I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
    already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
    in the control tower).

    The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.

    scott
    Scott Lurndal, Feb 10, 2005

  3. "Ed Kim" <> wrote in message
    > i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
    > opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
    > dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
    > pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
    > soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
    > there wasn't supposed to be one...
    >
    > thx
    > -goro-

    Mine (Wal-Mart matching Best Buy's price) had the same as yours.
    Raúl Bloodworth, Feb 10, 2005
  4. "Scott Lurndal" <> wrote in message
    > "Ed Kim" <> writes:
    > >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
    > >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
    > >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
    > >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
    > >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
    > >there wasn't supposed to be one...
    > >

    > No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
    >
    > I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
    > already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
    > in the control tower).
    >
    > The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
    >
    > scott

    I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
    "Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.
    Raúl Bloodworth, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Ed  Kim

    Ed Kim Guest

    Scott Lurndal wrote:
    > "Ed Kim" <> writes:
    > >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
    > >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal

    tv
    > >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's

    > >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
    > >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
    > >there wasn't supposed to be one...
    > >

    > No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
    >
    > I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
    > already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
    > in the control tower).
    >
    > The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
    >
    > scott

    i agree that the colors are a bit washed out and the image quality
    varies greatly from scene to scene; most of the time pretty good but
    sometimes just seriously grainy as hell. bits of scratches and pops on
    the film. yes, i wish that Universal had spent more money cleaning it
    up, but also, i think it still looks pretty good overall and it's fun
    as hell to watch. if the next sets are the same price, i'll get them
    as they come out.

    ps, Gina is hawt as hell!!
    can't wait till SHeena Easton's on! :)

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Feb 10, 2005
  6. "Raúl Bloodworth" <> writes:

    >"Scott Lurndal" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ed Kim" <> writes:
    >> >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
    >> >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
    >> >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
    >> >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
    >> >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
    >> >there wasn't supposed to be one...
    >> >

    >> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
    >>
    >> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
    >> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
    >> in the control tower).
    >>
    >> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
    >>
    >> scott

    >I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
    >"Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.

    Please don't misunderstand me, I still enjoy the set and will definitely
    buy season two - can't wait for "Definitely Miami", "Phil the Shill" and
    "Where the busses don't run".

    scott
    Scott Lurndal, Feb 11, 2005
  7. "Scott Lurndal" <> wrote in message
    > "Raúl Bloodworth" <> writes:
    > >
    > >"Scott Lurndal" <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > >> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
    > >>
    > >> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
    > >> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
    > >> in the control tower).
    > >>
    > >> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
    > >>
    > >> scott

    > >I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
    > >"Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.
    > >

    > Please don't misunderstand me, I still enjoy the set and will definitely
    > buy season two - can't wait for "Definitely Miami", "Phil the Shill" and
    > "Where the busses don't run".

    No, I agree with your critique. It's all we're gonna get though.
    Raúl Bloodworth, Feb 11, 2005