  1. Something funny happend today

    I configured a dial-up connection on my Windows 2000 server (SP4). As soon as I connected to the remote party, I received an IP address on the Dial-up adapter by the remote DHCP server as aspected. The funny thing was that the default gateway on the LAN adapter disappeared! I can't figure out way! I need my local GW. However, I need the gateway on the dial-up adapter as well. If the option "Use gateway on remote network" is disabled, the LAN gateway doesn't disappear but then I don't get a gateway address on the dial-up adapter.

    Help me out

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=, May 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=

    Guest Guest

    "The GW Searcher" wrote

    >Something funny happend today:
    >
    >I configured a dial-up connection on my Windows 2000

    server (SP4). As soon as I connected to the remote party,
    I received an IP address on the Dial-up adapter by the
    remote DHCP server as aspected. The funny thing was that
    the default gateway on the LAN adapter disappeared! I
    can't figure out way! I need my local GW. However, I need
    the gateway on the dial-up adapter as well. If the
    option "Use gateway on remote network" is disabled, the
    LAN gateway doesn't disappear but then I don't get a
    gateway address on the dial-up adapter.

    >Help me out!

    Do you know what the "Default" in Default Gateway means?

    Guest, May 12, 2004

  3. Come on you Guys! It can't be that hard!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=, May 12, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=

    Andy Foster Guest

    The GW Searcher" cried into his beer...

    >Come on you Guys! It can't be that hard!!!

    It's not. Although you seem to be having trouble with such
    a simple concept?

    Why will the nasty computer not let you have 2 DEFAULT
    Gateways at the same time?

    Perhaps you should replace the computer desk with a
    routing table....

    Andy Foster, May 13, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:29:16 -0700, Andy Foster extemporised:

    > Why will the nasty computer not let you have 2 DEFAULT
    > Gateways at the same time?

    It's a very technical term;

    PEBKAC

    HTH

    JaR
    Tech Thug

    JaR, May 13, 2004
  6. This is REALLY helpfull. You might think I'm stupid, and that's alright, but I know what a routing table is. Windows should create a couple of dynamic routes as soon as I install a second gateway. De default (NULL) route should use exit interface 1. I know; BUT IT DOESN'T.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEdXIFNlYXJjaGVy?=, May 13, 2004
  7. format c:\ /q

    =?Utf-8?B?RHdheW5lIFdhZGU=?=, May 15, 2004