    clutching two hardened pitas! He bellows vengefully:
    "As sure as predators devour prey, I destroy all in my path like the world's
    mightiest bad-ass!"

    The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy, Sep 9, 2003

  2. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << Does anyone know if the British series "MI-5" ("Spooks" there, I'm told)
    will hit region 1 DVD anytime soon? I really like this show and would love
    to have it. >>

    The BBCAmerica website lists it as a possible release for the winter of
    2003-04, whatever that vaguely means.

    SoHillsGuy, Sep 9, 2003

  3. : The BBCAmerica website lists it as a possible release for the winter of
    : 2003-04, whatever that vaguely means.

    Thanks, I saw it on A&E so I never thought to look on BBC-America.

    --
    TTFN
    Scott

    The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy, Sep 9, 2003
  4. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    jayembee Guest

    "The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the British series "MI-5" ("Spooks"
    > there, I'm told)

    Yes, they call it SPOOKS. No doubt, the title was changed
    because of the politcally incorrect usage of the word
    "spook" here in the US.

    > will hit region 1 DVD anytime soon? I really like this
    > show and would love to have it.

    BBC Video is planning a release for, I believe, early next
    year. No details, but presumably, it'll be the full-length
    versions of the episodes, rather than the cut (for ads)
    versions seen on A&E.

    > OT: is "Strange" ever going to show here? Just curious.

    Who knows? I'd say it was doubtful, though. But don't concern
    yourself about it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough
    to be missed if you don't see it.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Sep 9, 2003
  5. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if the British series "MI-5" ("Spooks"
    > > there, I'm told)

    > Yes, they call it SPOOKS. No doubt, the title was changed
    > because of the politcally incorrect usage of the word
    > "spook" here in the US.

    I assumed they changed it because they were afraid viewers would think
    it was a show about ghosts.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 10, 2003
  6. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    ZC TGS Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:23:09 GMT, "The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy"
    <> wrote:

    >OT: is "Strange" ever going to show here? Just curious.

    This was a nice show but it wasn't renewed for a second season.

    No idea when it will be shown in the US

    ZC TGS, Sep 10, 2003
  7. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    Evil Guest

    "The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy" <> wrote in message news:<hnl7b.28640$>...
    > Does anyone know if the British series "MI-5" ("Spooks" there, I'm told)
    > will hit region 1 DVD anytime soon? I really like this show and would love
    > to have it.

    I recall Digital Bits saying MI-5, The Office, and Coupling S2 were
    going to release later this year.

    Evil, Sep 12, 2003
  8. The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy

    Doug Ashford Guest

    The Plumply Perverse Pool Guy wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the British series "MI-5" ("Spooks" there, I'm told)
    > will hit region 1 DVD anytime soon? I really like this show and would love
    > to have it.

    January 13 has been announced as the release date (Warner Brothers).

    Doug

    Doug Ashford, Oct 10, 2003