MGM's new Love At First Bite - music changed

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Wolfman6, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Wolfman6

    Wolfman6 Guest

    I know that when this title was released on VHS and laserdisc back in the
    80's they were unable to get the rights to Alicia Bridge's "I Love the
    Nightlife" from the disco dancing scene, so they substituted some other
    song.

    I just got the new MGM DVD release and it is the same version! It lists
    this song in the credits, though and it does not even appear in the movie.
    It is on the trailer that is included. I would think that they would have
    been able to get the rights for the song now since it has been used in
    several other movies over the past 10 years that have made it to DVD intact.

    What gives!?!?!?!?! I was really looking forward to finally having the
    version of this that I saw in the theaters. This really sucks! :) pun
    intended!

    wolfman6
    Wolfman6, Jul 21, 2005