mgcp and ccm

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pavel Zheltouhov, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. How I can use non-cisco mgcp compilance gateways
    with cisco call manager? ( Such as dlink-dg104 )
    I tried add ata-186 mgcp mode.
    Add gateway as "communication media module".
    It seems CCM totally does not recognize mgcp messages from ata.
    Every message gets reply 510. In trace logs I see messages such :

    CCM|MGCPHandler PARSE errorCode=3 for buffer:
    NTFY 5 AALN/S1/0@[10.0.1.19] MGCP 1.0
    X: 0
    O: L/hd
    K: 4

    --
    Pavel

    Pavel Zheltouhov, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Pavel Zheltouhov

    voipguy Guest

    Pavel Zheltouhov <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > How I can use non-cisco mgcp compilance gateways
    > with cisco call manager? ( Such as dlink-dg104 )
    > I tried add ata-186 mgcp mode.
    > Add gateway as "communication media module".
    > It seems CCM totally does not recognize mgcp messages from ata.
    > Every message gets reply 510. In trace logs I see messages such :
    >
    > CCM|MGCPHandler PARSE errorCode=3 for buffer:
    > NTFY 5 AALN/S1/0@[10.0.1.19] MGCP 1.0
    > X: 0
    > O: L/hd
    > K: 4

    Pavel,
    Couple of problems here:
    1. CCM only supports MGCP 0.1; Check the mgcp call-agent statement in the ATA.
    2. CCM will be expecting a DNS name, not an IP address
    where you are seeing the "10.0.1.19" IP address.

    Also I'm not sure if ATA is one of the supported GWs.
    Hope this is helpful.

    Voipguy.

    voipguy, Dec 29, 2003