    there any hope for me to fix this? so far i've been running the os
    without many problems however this is really starting to bother me.

    thanks for any help.
    RavenKnight, Jan 26, 2004

  2. RavenKnight

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:02:49 GMT, "RavenKnight"
    <> wrote:

    >here is the situation i have. i have tons of invalid mft entries and
    >my volume bitmap is completely messed in XPro.
    >
    >chkdsk/f and scandisk do nothing to fix the problem correctly. is
    >there any hope for me to fix this? so far i've been running the os
    >without many problems however this is really starting to bother me.
    >
    >thanks for any help.

    Get a program called Spinrite...run that.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!
    Trent©, Jan 26, 2004

  3. RavenKnight

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "RavenKnight" <> wrote in news:dz_Qb.7845
    $:

    > chkdsk/f and scandisk do nothing to fix the problem correctly. is
    > there any hope for me to fix this? so far i've been running the os
    > without many problems however this is really starting to bother me.

    What do you mean they do nothing? If you have run chkdsk /f and it fixed
    problems, and then later the same or more problems appear, it is probably a
    hardware problem, indicating your disk drive is about to fail.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 26, 2004
  4. RavenKnight

    Wizard Guest

    I believe "DiskKeeper" can fix this.

    Wizard, Jan 26, 2004
  5. RavenKnight

    Thor Guest

    "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:02:49 GMT, "RavenKnight"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >here is the situation i have. i have tons of invalid mft entries and
    > >my volume bitmap is completely messed in XPro.
    > >
    > >chkdsk/f and scandisk do nothing to fix the problem correctly. is
    > >there any hope for me to fix this? so far i've been running the os
    > >without many problems however this is really starting to bother me.
    > >
    > >thanks for any help.
    > >

    > Get a program called Spinrite...run that.

    Spinrite doesn't support NTFS volumes.
    Thor, Jan 26, 2004
  6. RavenKnight

    Trent© Guest

    On 26 Jan 2004 07:30:07 -0600, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >"Trent©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:02:49 GMT, "RavenKnight"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >here is the situation i have. i have tons of invalid mft entries and
    >> >my volume bitmap is completely messed in XPro.
    >> >
    >> >chkdsk/f and scandisk do nothing to fix the problem correctly. is
    >> >there any hope for me to fix this? so far i've been running the os
    >> >without many problems however this is really starting to bother me.
    >> >
    >> >thanks for any help.
    >> >

    >> Get a program called Spinrite...run that.

    >Spinrite doesn't support NTFS volumes.

    Interesting.

    Yet another good reason to use NTFS! lol

    Trent©, Jan 26, 2004