    for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have several old
    manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50, $100 and $200 -
    any comments?
    ray, Aug 5, 2012

  2. ray

    RichA Guest

    On Aug 4, 8:07 pm, ray <> wrote:
    > Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens adapters
    > for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have several old
    > manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50, $100 and $200 -
    > any comments?

    Some of the cheap Chinese ones are not very good. At $20/each, you
    take your chances.
    This is likely a good one:

    http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/mi...4-3-mft-system-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html
    RichA, Aug 5, 2012

  3. ray

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 09:59:41 -0700, RichA wrote:

    > On Aug 4, 8:07 pm, ray <> wrote:
    >> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens
    >> adapters for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have
    >> several old manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50,
    >> $100 and $200 - any comments?

    > Some of the cheap Chinese ones are not very good. At $20/each, you take
    > your chances.
    > This is likely a good one:
    >
    > http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/minolta-md-lens-to-micro-4-3-mft-

    system-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html

    Thanks for the link. I had already ascertained that Amazon sells that
    adapter for about $20 - they also show the suggested retail price for it
    as about $110 - suspicious, no?
    ray, Aug 6, 2012
  4. ray

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:32:06 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

    > On 2012-08-04 20:07 , ray wrote:
    >> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens
    >> adapters for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have
    >> several old manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50,
    >> $100 and $200 - any comments?

    > I paid about $60 for a Fotodiox. Well made, solid, no frills.
    >
    > Metering in with held meter and stop down the lens or stop-down metering
    > in camera (in my case).

    Thanks, I appreciate the first hand feedback.
    ray, Aug 6, 2012
  5. ray <> writes:

    > Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens adapters
    > for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have several old
    > manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50, $100 and $200 -
    > any comments?

    I've used Nikon and C-mount adapters to put lenses on an Olympus MFT
    body. They all worked as advertised. Simple mechanical adapters are a
    pretty safe bet in general, and that's what's needed to get manual-focus
    operation on MFT. Mine were from the cheap end of the gene pool.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 7, 2012
  6. ray

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 01:38:38 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

    > ray <> writes:
    >
    >> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens
    >> adapters for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have
    >> several old manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50,
    >> $100 and $200 - any comments?

    > I've used Nikon and C-mount adapters to put lenses on an Olympus MFT
    > body. They all worked as advertised. Simple mechanical adapters are a
    > pretty safe bet in general, and that's what's needed to get manual-focus
    > operation on MFT. Mine were from the cheap end of the gene pool.

    Thanks for the info. Is the image quality as good as one might hope? I
    have pretty decent 35mm and 135m Minolta lenses.
    ray, Aug 7, 2012
  7. ray

    Irwell Guest

    On 6 Aug 2012 18:58:17 GMT, ray wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 09:59:41 -0700, RichA wrote:
    >
    >> On Aug 4, 8:07 pm, ray <> wrote:
    >>> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens
    >>> adapters for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have
    >>> several old manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50,
    >>> $100 and $200 - any comments?

    >> Some of the cheap Chinese ones are not very good. At $20/each, you take
    >> your chances.
    >> This is likely a good one:
    >>
    >> http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/minolta-md-lens-to-micro-4-3-mft-

    > system-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html
    >
    > Thanks for the link. I had already ascertained that Amazon sells that
    > adapter for about $20 - they also show the suggested retail price for it
    > as about $110 - suspicious, no?

    Not really, the first adapters were very expensive to buy,
    but the market kicked in.
    Irwell, Aug 7, 2012
  8. ray <> writes:

    > On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 01:38:38 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
    >
    >> ray <> writes:
    >>
    >>> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the lens
    >>> adapters for MFT cameras. I got a Panasonic G3 recently and have
    >>> several old manual focus Minolta lenses. I see adapters for $20, $50,
    >>> $100 and $200 - any comments?

    >> I've used Nikon and C-mount adapters to put lenses on an Olympus MFT
    >> body. They all worked as advertised. Simple mechanical adapters are a
    >> pretty safe bet in general, and that's what's needed to get manual-focus
    >> operation on MFT. Mine were from the cheap end of the gene pool.

    > Thanks for the info. Is the image quality as good as one might hope? I
    > have pretty decent 35mm and 135m Minolta lenses.

    I've mostly used it in low-light situations where the sensor isn't at
    its best, but the better lenses look good enough to me. The one 75mm
    f/1.4 c-mount video lens is, um, not very good, but that's pretty
    clearly the lens rather than any interaction with the camera.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 8, 2012