Metro 1500 logon problems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kirill Ponazdyr, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    We have recently received some used Cisco Metro 1500 (ADVA FSP-II)
    shelves.

    We access the units via Serial Port, and cannot logon, as soon as we
    input ID the machines seems to go into "hanging" mode, and will not
    ask us for password, here is console printout:

    Welcome to Metro 1500 Series running Linux 2.0.35.

    DWDM01 login: netadmin
    Login timed out after 60 seconds.

    After that the logon prompt never returns, we can input anything,
    press enter, break, whatever, it will just jump to next line.

    What is this? All units show this "problem" and it is highly unlikely
    that all of them are broken.

    Anyone ever seen anything similar and has an idea how to fix it?

    Regards

    Kirill
    When replying via E-Mail, please remove duplicate
    "@" from the address.

    Bei Antwort via E-Mail, bitte doppelter "@" aus der
    Addresse herausnehmen.
    Kirill Ponazdyr, Jan 12, 2005