  1. skidaddy

    skidaddy Guest

    How do you turn off Messenger in WindowsMe
    skidaddy, Jan 28, 2004

  2. skidaddy

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004

  3. skidaddy

    docmill Guest

    "skidaddy" <> wrote in
    news::

    > How do you turn off Messenger in WindowsMe

    START
    RUN
    type in MSCONFIG , then hit ENTER key

    click on startup
    uncheck Messanger entries
    click clean up
    apply ok and reboot

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Jan 28, 2004
  4. skidaddy

    skidaddy Guest

    I am talking about the messenger utility that is embedded in Windows

    "skidaddy"

    skidaddy, Jan 28, 2004
  5. skidaddy

    kipper Guest

    Do you mean MSN Messenger? If so just right click on the Icon then click
    sign out

    kipper, Jan 28, 2004
  6. skidaddy

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004
  7. skidaddy

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  8. skidaddy

    Miggsee Guest

    You are correct:
    "Windows 98 & ME Windows Messenger Service cannot be disabled"
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004
  9. skidaddy

    °Mike° Guest

    Thanks for the confirmation, Miggsee.

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:07:23 -0500, in
    <bv8q8e$p9du4$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  10. skidaddy

    Harrison Guest

    A possible workaround for 98 and ME, but I would recommend a firewall.
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/windows95me98/windows95me98.html

    Harrison, Jan 28, 2004
  11. skidaddy

    Miggsee Guest

    I should have thoroughly read my own links. <sg>

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004
  12. skidaddy

    Liz Guest

    If you are talking about "MSN Messenger Service",
    you can disable it via Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs,
    Wndows Setup tab, double-click Communications,
    and then uncheck MSN Messenger Service.

    Windows ME does not have "Windows Messenger Service".
    It's called WinPopup, you can find it in Add/Remove Programs>
    Windows Setup tab> System Tools.

    Liz, Jan 28, 2004