    I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
    monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
    Grateful thanks.
    TRADESMAN, Sep 28, 2003

  2. TRADESMAN

    Miggsee Guest

    Try removing it through Add Remove Programs > Windows Components. Also,
    uncheck it in OE > Tools > Options > General, or in Outlook, disable it
    through Tools > Options > Other. :)

    Miggsee, Sep 28, 2003

  3. TRADESMAN

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Thanks Miggsee...have now disabled it inOE.Hope it does the trick

    TRADESMAN, Sep 28, 2003
  4. TRADESMAN

    Ken Smith Guest

    http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/989/ This link might help you.

    Ken Smith, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Hi,
    That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
    perhaps??????
    Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
    Ricch.

    Richard Stickman, Sep 28, 2003
  6. TRADESMAN

    Miggsee Guest

    :) Luck!

    Miggsee, Sep 28, 2003
  7. TRADESMAN

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Hi Rich,
    Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about how
    it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset them
    at the moment!!
    Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time

    TRADESMAN, Sep 28, 2003
  8. TRADESMAN

    Raine Guest

    "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Rich,
    > Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about

    how
    > it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset

    them
    > at the moment!!
    > Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
    > "Richard Stickman" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
    > > perhaps??????
    > > Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
    > > Ricch.
    > >
    > > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    > > > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
    > > > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup

    control
    > > > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
    > > > Grateful thanks.

    This IS MSN Messenger and not Windows Messenger you're talking about?
    Uninstall MSN one, and then disable Windows Messenger from OE6 ...
    Tools/Options UNcheck Automatically Log on to Windows Messenger.
    Raine, Sep 29, 2003
  9. TRADESMAN

    Boomer Guest

    JonC wrote:

    > Why not use this Antispy, it turns it off no problem.

    [snip]

    > begin 666 XP Antispy 3.26 Dutch & UK.rar

    DON't post binaries to a NON-binary newsgroup!
    Boomer, Sep 29, 2003
  10. TRADESMAN

    Brad Buckley Guest

    Image by FlamingText.com
    "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Rich,
    > Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about how
    > it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset them
    > at the moment!!
    > Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
    > "Richard Stickman" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
    > > perhaps??????
    > > Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
    > > Ricch.
    > >
    > > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    > > > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
    > > > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
    > > > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
    > > > Grateful thanks.
    > > >

    > >I just open the task manager ( right click your taskbar ) find

    "msmsgs.exe" highlite it and click "end process" Works for me..

    Brad Buckley, Sep 29, 2003
  11. TRADESMAN

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Brad Buckley wrote:
    > Image by FlamingText.com
    > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Rich,
    >> Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings
    >> about how it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to
    >> do is upset them at the moment!!
    >> Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
    >> "Richard Stickman" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
    >>> perhaps??????
    >>> Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
    >>> Ricch.
    >>>
    >>> "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> I just open the task manager ( right click your taskbar ) find

    > "msmsgs.exe" highlite it and click "end process" Works for me..

    I know I'm thick but surely that will only close the program.
    At startup I only have a 55% sys resource,and as I rarely use MSN messenger
    thought I'd disable it.When I found out I couldn't , it became a bit of a
    crusade.Starting to accept the fact tho.....
    TRADESMAN, Sep 29, 2003
  12. Hi,
    It seems to really be bugging you! Why not zip up it's location and place
    ..zip file in folder NOT in path????????
    rich.

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > Try removing it through Add Remove Programs > Windows Components. Also,
    > uncheck it in OE > Tools > Options > General, or in Outlook, disable it
    > through Tools > Options > Other. :)
    >

    > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    > > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
    > > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
    > > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
    > > Grateful thanks.

    ---
    Richard Stickman, Sep 29, 2003
  13. TRADESMAN

    Miggsee Guest

    Hi, :)

    Why are you telling *me* this?? Nothing is bugging me, Richard! ;)~

    Please reply to the appropriate poster. Highlight their message, and then
    respond to group.

    Miggsee, Sep 30, 2003