    amounts of messenger pop-up windows. How do I get rid of
    the? Please help.

    Sam
    Sam H. Branco, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Sam H. Branco

    Virus Guest

    what kind of messenger?

    Virus, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Sam H. Branco

    mave Guest

    Wauw... for what exam do you have to answer this question?

    mave, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Sam H. Branco

    Jayson Guest

    From computer management, in the Services and Applications
    section, disable both the Alerter and the Messenger
    services. It isn't actually Messenger that this is
    happening through, it's an exploit of netsend. When you
    disable these services you will no longer be able to
    receive netsend messages, so if you're on a domain, check
    with your admin before turning those off.

    Jayson, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Sam H. Branco

    John S Guest

    Aren't you worried by where these pop up come from? Are you sure your
    machines are not being hijacked and used to host some porn site?

    John S, Jul 22, 2003