    Is this program necessary? If not, how to I turn it off?
    I am using windows Xp.

    C:\Program Files\messenger\msmsgs.exe

    Dick M., Jun 28, 2003

  2. Dick M.

    James Guest

    Dick
    This is what I did If you don't use messenger, you can go into c:\program
    files and rename the messenger folder. example(messengerbyby). This will
    turn messenger off, windows can't see the exe. file.

    James, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Dick M.

    Richard Guest

    "Dick M." <> wrote in message
    > A program keeps showing up as being blocked by my firewall.
    > Is this program necessary? If not, how to I turn it off?
    > I am using windows Xp.
    >
    > C:\Program Files\messenger\msmsgs.exe

    That's the instant messenger program. Simplest way to turn it off is to
    rename the folder.
    If the registry keys or other programs which look for it, can't find it,
    it's bypassed.
    I renamed mine to "no-messenger".

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003