    Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.

    Thanks a bunch,

    Adam
    Chrosis, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Chrosis

    philo Guest

    "Chrosis" <> wrote in message
    news:QcLFb.4552$d%...
    > HELP!!!!!!
    >
    > I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information on

    it.
    > It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and the folders

    are
    > gone. The is a single file on the CD called "Non-Allocatable Space" which

    is
    > 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb of space used.
    >
    > Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch,
    >
    > Adam

    Try this maybe:

    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    philo, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Chrosis

    CB Guest

    Chrosis wrote:
    || HELP!!!!!!
    || I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed
    || information on it. It worked fine for months but today I inserted
    || the disk and the folders are gone. The is a single file on the CD
    || called "Non-Allocatable Space" which is 0kb. The cd does however
    || have 525mb of space used.
    || Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
    || Thanks a bunch,
    || Adam

    Are you using the same CD drive? Some drives can't read cd-rw's! I have one
    :-(

    CB
    --
    Craven Bird News

    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds
    CB, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Chrosis

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    as this was "needed" information you obviously created back-ups on a
    regular basis didn't you?!!!

    CJ

    CJ, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Chrosis

    OldKenGoat Guest

    http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/ might help.
    OldKenGoat, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Chrosis wrote:
    > HELP!!!!!!
    >
    > I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information
    > on it. It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and
    > the folders are gone. The is a single file on the CD called
    > "Non-Allocatable Space" which is 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb
    > of space used.

    IMHO it's much better to to your long-term important backups to CDR rather
    than CDRW, and always use decent branded CDRs e.g. TDK, Sony, Maxell etc.
    rather than no-name el-cheapo ones. I've had a few CDRWs go duff for no
    apparent reasons and have become unusable.

    > Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.

    Do as Philo says and try ISO Buster.
    michael turner, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Chrosis

    Missteak Guest

    Sounds like you have somehow gone into a different session.
    Check your writing s/w and see if you can switch sessions.

    Missteak, Dec 23, 2003