    When I look at my newsgroups I am showing unread messages. When I select the
    group there aren't any unread messages.
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Apr 22, 2005

  2. George

    °Mike° Guest

    View / Current View / Show all messages.

    Tools / Options / Read. Make sure that 'Mark message read
    after displaying for [xx] seconds' is set to a realistic value.

    In <Mn_9e.8257$EX4.5513@fed1read01>,
    George took 5 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 22, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    All of the messages in the folder are read, I am still showing unread
    messages to the left on the folder shortcut.
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Apr 22, 2005
  4. George

    trout Guest

    George wrote:

    > All of the messages in the folder are read, I am still showing unread
    > messages to the left on the folder shortcut.
    > George in Las Vegas

    Please include some quoted text, so that people can more easilly follow
    along in the conversation: Tools; Options; Send; "Include message in
    reply".

    Are you sure there are no unread messages in un-expanded threads, or
    that you have any sort of "View" applied?
    How about if you go to Edit; Catch Up? Does that make a difference?
    --
    Or "Mark all read", for that matter.
    trout, Apr 22, 2005
  5. George

    George Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > George wrote:
    >
    >> All of the messages in the folder are read, I am still showing unread
    >> messages to the left on the folder shortcut.
    >> George in Las Vegas

    > Please include some quoted text, so that people can more easilly follow
    > along in the conversation: Tools; Options; Send; "Include message in
    > reply".
    >
    > Are you sure there are no unread messages in un-expanded threads, or
    > that you have any sort of "View" applied?
    > How about if you go to Edit; Catch Up? Does that make a difference?
    > --
    > Or "Mark all read", for that matter.

    If there are unread messages in a thread the top message shows up
    highlighted as if it was unread. I have manually expanded all of the message
    threads in a group and and not found any unread messages. The folder list
    will still show unread messages. If I use catch up there won't be any unread
    messages.

    I have "show all messages" selected under "view" and "current view".
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Apr 22, 2005
  6. George

    trout Guest

    George wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> George wrote:
    >>
    >>> All of the messages in the folder are read, I am still showing
    >>> unread messages to the left on the folder shortcut.
    >>> George in Las Vegas

    >> Please include some quoted text, so that people can more easilly
    >> follow along in the conversation: Tools; Options; Send; "Include
    >> message in reply".
    >>
    >> Are you sure there are no unread messages in un-expanded threads,
    >> or that you have any sort of "View" applied?
    >> How about if you go to Edit; Catch Up? Does that make a
    >> difference? --
    >> Or "Mark all read", for that matter.
    >>

    > If there are unread messages in a thread the top message shows up
    > highlighted as if it was unread. I have manually expanded all of the
    > message threads in a group and and not found any unread messages. The
    > folder list will still show unread messages. If I use catch up there
    > won't be any unread messages.
    >
    > I have "show all messages" selected under "view" and "current view".
    > George in Las Vegas

    Odd. The only other thing I can think of, is that the indication of
    the newsgroup folder having unread messages is the state in which it was
    last left; and that once opened, all actually available messages *are*
    read. And that might not be reflected in the newsgroup list until the
    program is closed and re-opened.
    Perhaps unlikely, but not entirely, depending upon your background
    maintenance schedule, and/or if you have Message Rules applied that may
    hide or delete messages.
    --
    OE is pretty much always doing *something* odd.
    trout, Apr 22, 2005
  7. George wrote:
    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> George wrote:
    >>
    >>> All of the messages in the folder are read, I am still showing
    >>> unread messages to the left on the folder shortcut.
    >>> George in Las Vegas

    >> Please include some quoted text, so that people can more easilly
    >> follow along in the conversation: Tools; Options; Send; "Include
    >> message in reply".
    >>
    >> Are you sure there are no unread messages in un-expanded threads,
    >> or that you have any sort of "View" applied?
    >> How about if you go to Edit; Catch Up? Does that make a
    >> difference? --
    >> Or "Mark all read", for that matter.
    >>

    > If there are unread messages in a thread the top message shows up
    > highlighted as if it was unread. I have manually expanded all of the
    > message threads in a group and and not found any unread messages. The
    > folder list will still show unread messages. If I use catch up there
    > won't be any unread messages.
    >
    > I have "show all messages" selected under "view" and "current view".
    > George in Las Vegas

    I'm cutting in here because I think I know what your problem is... Go to
    Tools and click on 'Get next 300 headers'.
    HTH... if not, pardon me and carry on. :)
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Apr 22, 2005
  8. George

    George Guest

    > I'm cutting in here because I think I know what your problem is... Go to
    > Tools and click on 'Get next 300 headers'.
    > HTH... if not, pardon me and carry on. :)
    > PJ

    Didn't change anything. If you don't select "Get Next 300 Headers" you
    should get all of the new messages in the newsgroup when you synchronize.
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Apr 22, 2005
  9. George

    mike1942f

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Newsgroups can have all those other messages out there, but what about Inbox. My wife's machine says there are 3 unread messages in her Inbox and the view is show all messages and there are none. She manually moves all the messages, either to Delete or other folders.
    mike1942f, Aug 19, 2006