    Thunderbird?
    Thank you for your reply!
    Wim

    Willem, May 15, 2007

  2. Willem

    Mike Easter Guest

    Willem wrote:

    > Does anybody kno how to copy Outlook Express messages to Mozilla
    > Thunderbird?

    A single OE mail message which has been saved as .eml is a mbox type
    text file. A single OE news message which as been saved as .nws is also
    a mbox type text file.

    An OE store folder/file .dbx is a proprietary compression scheme of a
    proprietary database file of a clump of OE news or mail messages.

    > Thank you for your reply!

    Are you trying to work with a proprietary (squared) database clump or a
    single simple text file?

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_from_Outlook_Express Import from
    Outlook Express -- Advanced alternatives -- Use either DbxConv or
    dbx2mbox to convert the .dbx files used by Outlook Express to mbox
    files. Then import the mbox files using the mboximport extension. --
    Export the messages as .EML files and then use the mboximport extension
    to import them.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 15, 2007

  3. Willem

    Gordon Guest

    "Willem" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Does anybody kno how to copy Outlook Express messages to Mozilla
    > Thunderbird?
    > Thank you for your reply!
    > Wim

    In Thunderbird, go to Tools (I think)-Import.......

    Gordon, May 15, 2007
  4. Willem

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Willem wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Does anybody kno how to copy Outlook Express messages to Mozilla
    > Thunderbird?

    Yes I do.

    > Thank you for your reply!

    You are welcome!

    Spoiler: Click on Help on the menu bar, select Thunderbird Help, type
    "transfer from outlook express" in the search box.

    Desk Rabbit, May 16, 2007