    --
    Thanks
    Hank

    hankus, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Hi
    It might be related to a process that you do not really use, but it is an
    issue.
    If their was power outage while the computer was working it is highly
    possible that some running component of Windows that were running at the
    time got "trashed" too.
    I would suggest a refresh of the OS.
    Start the computer from the original WinXP Boot CD (make sure that you have
    the key number available).
    Skip the first screen that offer console repair and continue as though you
    do a new install.
    At the new install screen it would detect the old installation and would
    give you an option to press R for Repair.
    After 45 Minute WinXP would be reinstalled maintaining the old data and
    system configuration
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 22, 2008

  3. hankus

    hankus Guest

    The compuetr was on but not being used...does that qualify as "the computer
    was working "?

    --
    Thanks
    Hank

    hankus, Feb 23, 2008
  4. hankus

    John Guest

    hankus wrote:
    > The compuetr was on but not being used...does that qualify as "the
    > computer was working "?

    Yes. If it was switched on, there's dozens of processes running just to get
    that picture on the screen

    John

    >> Hi
    >> It might be related to a process that you do not really use, but it
    >> is an issue.
    >> If their was power outage while the computer was working it is highly
    >> possible that some running component of Windows that were running at
    >> the time got "trashed" too.
    >> I would suggest a refresh of the OS.
    >> Start the computer from the original WinXP Boot CD (make sure that
    >> you have the key number available).
    >> Skip the first screen that offer console repair and continue as
    >> though you do a new install.
    >> At the new install screen it would detect the old installation and
    >> would give you an option to press R for Repair.
    >> After 45 Minute WinXP would be reinstalled maintaining the old data
    >> and system configuration
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "hankus" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have recently had a power source replaced in my Win Xp running
    >>> desktop after a ower outage and added a HP wireless printer to the
    >>> n/w.Everything works fine.I now get a window that says
    >>> Generic Host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem
    >>> and needs to close.We are very sorry for the inconvenience
    >>>
    >>> Is this a real message? Even when I click Send errpr report or
    >>> don't send ,it won't go away
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Hank