message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by helensmark, May 19, 2006.

  1. helensmark

    helensmark Guest

    I keep receiving the same message,

    internet explorer script error

    ! an error has occurred inthe script on this page

    Line 103
    char 997
    error unterminated string constant
    code O
    URL mhtmt:mid://00000031/

    do you want to continue running scripts on this page

    I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the message
    keeps appearing.

    I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.

    Your help would be appreciated

    Helen Stanley
    295-4967

    helensmark, May 19, 2006

  2. helensmark

    Dan Evans Guest

    "helensmark" <> wrote in message

    > I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the message
    > keeps appearing.

    And until you rewrite the page that produces the error, it will.

    > I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.

    Well, Web pages and email have no relation to each other, so what that's
    about I have no idea.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 19, 2006

  3. helensmark

    John Holmes Guest

    Dan Evans blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "helensmark" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the
    >> message keeps appearing.

    > And until you rewrite the page that produces the error, it will.
    >
    >> I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.

    > Well, Web pages and email have no relation to each other, so what
    > that's about I have no idea.
    >

    > Dan

    And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of
    unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold
    that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
    weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
    waiting for the bite of the snake?

    --
    Your mother was a rejected malingerer who was so stupid she had to be kept
    at the bottom of a beer glass.

    John Holmes, May 19, 2006
  4. helensmark

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:46:51 -0700, "helensmark"
    <> wrote:

    >I keep receiving the same message,
    >
    >internet explorer script error
    >
    >! an error has occurred inthe script on this page
    >
    >Line 103
    >char 997
    >error unterminated string constant
    >code O
    >URL mhtmt:mid://00000031/
    >
    >do you want to continue running scripts on this page
    >

    >I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the message
    >keeps appearing.

    Ok.. I'm guessing this is in Internet Explorer? What Operating system?
    What web page?

    >I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.
    >
    >Your help would be appreciated

    "Messages are being returned to people". Huh? What does this have to
    do with a web browser? Are you using some web mail?

    Details are needed here.

    >Helen Stanley
    >295-4967

    1. Why would you put your phone number in a public forum?
    2. What good is a phone number without a area code?

    Evan Platt, May 20, 2006
  5. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:46:51 -0700, "helensmark"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I keep receiving the same message,
    >>
    >>internet explorer script error
    >>
    >>! an error has occurred inthe script on this page
    >>
    >>Line 103
    >>char 997
    >>error unterminated string constant
    >>code O
    >>URL mhtmt:mid://00000031/
    >>
    >>do you want to continue running scripts on this page
    >>

    >>I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and
    >>the message keeps appearing.

    > Ok.. I'm guessing this is in Internet Explorer? What Operating

    Did you perhaps divine that from "internet explorer script error"
    in the original post, Swami? ;)

    --
    Blinky
    Kill-filing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 20, 2006
  6. helensmark

    Frosty Guest

    On or about Fri, 19 May 2006 16:11:31 -0700, an entity identified as
    Evan Platt <> proudly proclaimed:

    >On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:46:51 -0700, "helensmark"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I keep receiving the same message,
    >>
    >>internet explorer script error
    >>
    >>! an error has occurred inthe script on this page
    >>
    >>Line 103
    >>char 997
    >>error unterminated string constant
    >>code O
    >>URL mhtmt:mid://00000031/
    >>
    >>do you want to continue running scripts on this page
    >>

    >>I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the message
    >>keeps appearing.

    >Ok.. I'm guessing this is in Internet Explorer? What Operating system?
    >What web page?
    >
    >>I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.
    >>
    >>Your help would be appreciated

    >"Messages are being returned to people". Huh? What does this have to
    >do with a web browser? Are you using some web mail?
    >
    >Details are needed here.
    >
    >>Helen Stanley
    >>295-4967

    >1. Why would you put your phone number in a public forum?
    >2. What good is a phone number without a area code?

    I just got off the phone with Helen.
    I typed the URL of her ISP into my browser and found out her area code
    & called her up.
    She hasn't seen any of your posts 'cause she didn't know she posted to
    a public forum and doesn't know what Usenet is.
    I suggested she contact her ISP by phone to straighten out her problem
    and her spam problem too which she will have shortly no doubt.

    SilverMan
    --

    Real debate; No bullshit.

    & http://halebobb.com

    Frosty, May 20, 2006
  7. helensmark

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced and in the "Browsing"
    section and see if "Display a notification about every script error" is checked.
    If so, uncheck it and click "OK".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 20, 2006
  8. helensmark

    Dan Evans Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Dan Evans blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "helensmark" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I have answered yes and no both; however, nothing changes and the
    >>> message keeps appearing.

    >> And until you rewrite the page that produces the error, it will.
    >>
    >>> I have also been told that messages are being returned to people.

    >> Well, Web pages and email have no relation to each other, so what
    >> that's about I have no idea.
    >>

    >> Dan
    >>

    > And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements
    > of
    > unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
    > hold
    > that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
    > weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
    > waiting for the bite of the snake?

    So now we know that you know less than the original poster.

    Thanks for clearing that up.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 20, 2006
  9. helensmark

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-20, Frosty <> wrote:
    > On or about Fri, 19 May 2006 16:11:31 -0700, an entity identified as
    > Evan Platt <> proudly proclaimed:

    snip

    >>1. Why would you put your phone number in a public forum?
    >>2. What good is a phone number without a area code?

    > I just got off the phone with Helen.

    snip

    She'll probably be wanting a new telephone number as well. Did someone
    tell her how to 'nuke' her article from Google Groups so as to prevent
    that information from being archived publicly, globally, and indefinitely?

    I wonder if all the people who so thoughtfully quoted her phone number
    will be inclined to nuke their articles too?

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 20, 2006