    but that didn't seem to work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.
    BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

    Dennis

    nobody, May 18, 2005

  2. nobody

    Jan Steffen Guest

    nobody schrieb:
    > Do any of you out there know where the settings for the mail/news
    > message windows are stored? Every now and then I will need to reset
    > the message window size as well as reselect the columns I would like to
    > display such as junk status, lines, sender etc. I am not sure what
    > causes this to be necessary but it sure would be easier if I could just
    > make a backup of the file that stores the configuration and restore it
    > when it all goes bad again. I thought I had it with the '.mft' files
    > but that didn't seem to work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

    Me guess: localstore.rdf
    Also stores other GUI settings (theme etc), but nothing really
    important. I delete it sometimes, it gets recreated with default
    settings.

    > BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

    Think about upgrading to 1.7.8

    HTH, Jan

    Jan Steffen, May 18, 2005

  3. nobody

    nobody Guest

    Jan Steffen wrote:

    > nobody schrieb:
    >> Do any of you out there know where the settings for the mail/news
    >> message windows are stored? Every now and then I will need to
    >> reset the message window size as well as reselect the columns I
    >> would like to display such as junk status, lines, sender etc. I
    >> am not sure what causes this to be necessary but it sure would be
    >> easier if I could just make a backup of the file that stores the
    >> configuration and restore it when it all goes bad again. I
    >> thought I had it with the '.mft' files but that didn't seem to
    >> work. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

    > Me guess: localstore.rdf
    > Also stores other GUI settings (theme etc), but nothing really
    > important. I delete it sometimes, it gets recreated with default
    > settings.
    >
    >> BTW, I am using Mozilla 1.7.3.

    > Think about upgrading to 1.7.8

    I think I finally got it down to localstore.rdf as you suggest.
    Thanks for the thought. I will probably go to 1.7.8 after it is out
    for a bit. I hear there are some problems with extensions and I am
    not having any trouble with 1.7.3. Well, except for this one window
    issue ;-)

    Dennis

    nobody, May 19, 2005