Message searching in Thunderbird and bookmark sorting in firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Coxon, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    I have two questions:

    1) The search capabilities in Thunderbird only allow me (as far as I can
    tell) to search by sender or by subject. How can I search by what is
    actually contained in the message?

    2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
    alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
    bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
    manager and leaves the list alone.

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    John Coxon

    For 20 dollars, I'll give you a good tagline next time...

    E-mail: (until Virgin.Net pull their finger out)
    Website: http://alphacentauri.8k.com
    LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon
    Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN
    John Coxon, Jul 13, 2004

  2. John Coxon

    Jim K Guest

    John Coxon wrote:

    > I have two questions:
    >
    > 1) The search capabilities in Thunderbird only allow me (as far as I can
    > tell) to search by sender or by subject. How can I search by what is
    > actually contained in the message?

    Right-click on a folder or account and click Search Messages. This is a
    much more powerful search than the search toolbar.

    > 2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
    > alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
    > bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
    > manager and leaves the list alone.

    I don't think this is possible right now. I haven't seen any way to
    automatically do this. Hopefully I am wrong and someone will have a
    solution for this.
    Jim K, Jul 13, 2004

  3. John Coxon

    MLC Guest

    martedì 13/lug/2004 _Jim K_ in

    >> 2) On Firefox I can't seem to find a way to organise bookmarks
    >> alphabetically in the bookmark list. How can I do this? Going into
    >> bookmark manager and selecting "Sorted by name" just sorts them in the
    >> manager and leaves the list alone.
    >>

    > I don't think this is possible right now. I haven't seen any way to
    > automatically do this. Hopefully I am wrong and someone will have a
    > solution for this.

    There is an extension for this:

    http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks
    --