    not work for all email addresses. Any further suggestions?
    IE6 and Windows 98SE
    Jackie

    Jackie, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Jackie

    Richard Guest

    "Jackie" <> wrote in message
    news:bdkbb4$te0lq$...
    > Hi, I have a message rule (this example is simplified) that if the message
    > body contains "sex" then move it to a folder called spamtest. However I

    have
    > 5 email addresses and the rule does not work for all the email addresses.

    > also have, as someone suggested, "stop processing more rules". Still does
    > not work for all email addresses. Any further suggestions?
    > IE6 and Windows 98SE
    > Jackie

    Highlight the message and press ctrl+F3.
    Carefully look through the coding. Many spammers are using the trick of
    hiding keywords.
    a line might show something like se<1--dksfj>x which tricks rules into
    disregarding the word, but the coding is ignored and you see "sex" on the
    screen.
    "Stop processing more rules" will do just tbat.
    so if you have other rules below it, they are not processed.

    I have my rules set up to detect various spam by finding out if my addy is
    on the Cc line and if it is, delete it from the server. One rule for the
    "from" "subject" and "to" lines each with keys for each rule.
    Once those are processed, I direct the true mail to my folders for that
    particular account.
    If something doesn't get processed, it winds up in the inbox, and that is
    most likely spam.

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003