    not get it at all and was wondering would it be better to set the rule to
    not download the spam from the server or delete at the server.

    Thankyou.

    Bigfred, Oct 1, 2003

  2. We all know that Bigfred screamed at the top of his lungs:
    > I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people in
    > my address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working very
    > well especially for one particular email address of mine, however I
    > would sooner not get it at all and was wondering would it be better
    > to set the rule to not download the spam from the server or delete at
    > the server.
    >
    > Thankyou.

    i dunno.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Bigfred

    trout Guest

    Bigfred wrote:

    > I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people in
    > my address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working very
    > well especially for one particular email address of mine, however I
    > would sooner not get it at all and was wondering would it be better
    > to set the rule to not download the spam from the server or delete at
    > the server.
    >
    > Thankyou.

    Better to *delete* at server.
    --
    "You won't run the risk of your box there filling up."

    trout, Oct 1, 2003
  4. "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Bigfred wrote:
    >
    > > I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people in
    > > my address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working very
    > > well especially for one particular email address of mine, however I
    > > would sooner not get it at all and was wondering would it be better
    > > to set the rule to not download the spam from the server or delete at
    > > the server.
    > >
    > > Thankyou.

    > Better to *delete* at server.
    > --
    > "You won't run the risk of your box there filling up."

    The only problem with that is if you forget to add someone you want email
    from to your address book. Then all emails from them get deleted without
    giving you a chance to see them.

    I personally prefer redirecting them to my Deleted Items folder and just
    taking a quick glance through for emails I want that may have been filtered
    out.

    If you're using a Hotmail account, then anything in your Trash Can/Deleted
    Items folder doesn't count towards your 2 meg storage limit. You just have
    to remember to glance through them before it gets emptied. :)

    --
    "It's more a matter of preference, I guess..."

    Sentient Fluid, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Bigfred

    trout Guest

    Sentient Fluid wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Bigfred wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people
    >>> in my address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working
    >>> very well especially for one particular email address of mine,
    >>> however I would sooner not get it at all and was wondering would it
    >>> be better
    >>> to set the rule to not download the spam from the server or delete
    >>> at the server.
    >>>
    >>> Thankyou.

    >> Better to *delete* at server.
    >> --
    >> "You won't run the risk of your box there filling up."

    > The only problem with that is if you forget to add someone you want
    > email from to your address book. Then all emails from them get
    > deleted without giving you a chance to see them.
    >
    > I personally prefer redirecting them to my Deleted Items folder and
    > just taking a quick glance through for emails I want that may have
    > been filtered out.
    >
    > If you're using a Hotmail account, then anything in your Trash
    > Can/Deleted Items folder doesn't count towards your 2 meg storage
    > limit. You just have to remember to glance through them before it
    > gets emptied. :)

    I use a third-party program to filter mail at the server. I also
    protect my address, so that I get virtually *zero* spam.
    I was replying to the OP's question as phrased.
    --
    "If you believe he asked the wrong question....."

    trout, Oct 1, 2003

  6. > I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people in my
    > address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working very well
    > especially for one particular email address of mine, however I would sooner
    > not get it at all and was wondering would it be better to set the rule to
    > not download the spam from the server or delete at the server.

    Try Mail Washer
    But don't use the bounce feature...

    Or change email application to something like Pegasus Mail which has the
    feature in its filering rules

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Bigfred

    Stevo Guest

    Bigfred wrote:
    > I have set up a message rule to only except mail from those people in
    > my address book and send spam to a spam folder which is working very
    > well especially for one particular email address of mine, however I
    > would sooner not get it at all and was wondering would it be better
    > to set the rule to not download the spam from the server or delete at
    > the server.
    >
    > Thankyou.

    There is some good information about message rules here...

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)