Message Inbox email folder being processed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sue N., Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Sue N.

    Sue N. Guest

    Recently, whenever I attempt to check my email on Netscape 7.2 (XP) I
    keep getting this message: "The folder is being processed, please wait
    until processing is complete to get messages." One night I was able to
    retrieve my mail, the next time the message began appearing.
    I have tried suggestions from a google search such as deleting Mozilla
    files with MSF, compacting folders. I talked to tech support who said I
    need to delete Netscape, then reinstall however I hesitate doing so as
    several posters on forums stated this did not help the problem. I use
    Adware SE, Spybot and checked for virus. I also tried to get my mail
    through Outlook Express, however I get another error message."Your
    server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    inactivity. Account: 'mail.pacifier.com', Server: 'mail.pacifier.com',
    Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK at least 57536 octets follow.',
    Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"
    Any idea? I am currently retrieving my mail via webmail, but would like
    to figure out the problem.
    Thank you for any ideas
    Sue
    (Hopefully I have unchecked all the "Send in HTML" boxes for posting)
    Sue N., Nov 4, 2005

  2. Sue N.

    Thoronwen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Recently, whenever I attempt to check my email on Netscape 7.2 (XP) I
    > keep getting this message: "The folder is being processed, please wait
    > until processing is complete to get messages." One night I was able to
    > retrieve my mail, the next time the message began appearing.
    > I have tried suggestions from a google search such as deleting Mozilla
    > files with MSF, compacting folders. I talked to tech support who said I
    > need to delete Netscape, then reinstall however I hesitate doing so as
    > several posters on forums stated this did not help the problem. I use
    > Adware SE, Spybot and checked for virus. I also tried to get my mail
    > through Outlook Express, however I get another error message."Your
    > server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    > this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
    > inactivity. Account: 'mail.pacifier.com', Server: 'mail.pacifier.com',
    > Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK at least 57536 octets follow.',
    > Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"
    > Any idea? I am currently retrieving my mail via webmail, but would like
    > to figure out the problem.
    > Thank you for any ideas
    > Sue
    > (Hopefully I have unchecked all the "Send in HTML" boxes for posting)

    Sue,

    The error 0x800CCC0F is most commonly associated with an antivirus
    program that is scanning incoming or outgoing mail, or a firewall that
    is blocking the antivirus program that's scanning the mail. Check your
    antivirus or firewall settings. (This often happens after a program
    updates itself.)

    The '+OK at least 57536 octets follow' part is interesting. While reading
    your mail via webmail, have you noticed a message of this size that
    arrived about the time the problem began? If so, you could try deleting
    it.

    Thoronwen
    Thoronwen, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Sue N.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sue N. wrote:
    > check my email on Netscape 7.2 (XP)

    I dunno no netscape.

    > I also tried to get my
    > mail through Outlook Express, however I get another error
    > message."Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
    > Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems,
    > or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.pacifier.com', Server:
    > 'mail.pacifier.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK at least
    > 57536 octets follow.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
    > 0x800CCC0F"

    OE & mail.pacifier.com were not having a successful transaction. '+OK
    at least 57536 octets follow.' is not meaningful to me in this context.
    That should be a response to something which has nothing to do with a
    normal login transaction.

    Connection termination error is pretty nonspecific.

    If you are motivated to try to continue to troubleshoot with OE, you can
    get a lot more information about what is going wrong between OE and the
    mailserver if you will turn on OE's troubleshooting logger.

    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Maintenance tab/ at the bottom Troubleshooting -
    check mail

    Then, try to do your thing with the mail account's send receive. OE
    will create a log file which is hard to find. Use your Find function
    for pop3.log and open it and see what was going on between those two.
    Then be sure to turn off your troubleshooter or it will get real big.

    I suppose you could post your log here, altho' I don't like to volunteer
    non-specific ng/s for specific problems. It shouldn't be very big.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Sue N.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sue N. wrote:
    > I am currently retrieving my mail via webmail, but would
    > like to figure out the problem.

    If you have cleared out your inbox with the webmail, you may have
    eliminated any problem corrupted or fat mails.

    You might want to try that netscape thingy or OE again.

    Sometimes there's a bad mail in your mailbox and you need to clear it
    with webmail for your mailuseragent mua to work properly.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 6, 2005
  5. Sue N.

    Sue Norman Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    >Sue N. wrote:
    >

    >>I am currently retrieving my mail via webmail, but would
    >>like to figure out the problem.
    >>

    >If you have cleared out your inbox with the webmail, you may have
    >eliminated any problem corrupted or fat mails.
    >
    >You might want to try that netscape thingy or OE again.
    >
    >Sometimes there's a bad mail in your mailbox and you need to clear it
    >with webmail for your mailuseragent mua to work properly.

    Hi Mike, and Thoronwen,
    I have tried everything previously mentioned without luck. I was not
    able to use the Find funtion for "Then, try to do your thing with the
    mail account's send receive. OEwill create a log file which is hard to
    find. Use your Find functionfor pop3.log and open it and see what was
    going on between those two. Then be sure to turn off your troubleshooter
    or it will get real big." I can see NAV scanning the message, and it
    wants to deliver it, but then it quits (with OE and Netscape) and I get
    the error messages. I have talked to Pacifier Tech Support with no luck,
    uninstalled and reinstalled Netscape, and have cruised the NAV support
    site. I have turned the firewall and scanning off (NAV) and I still get
    the message. I have emptied webmail and tried sending a message to me
    without luck. Nothing like a good mystery but I am having no luck
    solving this one. I am tempted to invest in another email program and
    also software to repair error messages, but I hate giving in. Any
    suggestions if I do inverst in a program(s)?
    Thanks, Sue
    Sue Norman, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Sue N.

    Thoronwen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    > >Sue N. wrote:
    > >

    > >>I am currently retrieving my mail via webmail, but would
    > >>like to figure out the problem.
    > >>

    > >If you have cleared out your inbox with the webmail, you may have
    > >eliminated any problem corrupted or fat mails.
    > >
    > >You might want to try that netscape thingy or OE again.
    > >
    > >Sometimes there's a bad mail in your mailbox and you need to clear it
    > >with webmail for your mailuseragent mua to work properly.
    > >

    > Hi Mike, and Thoronwen,
    > I have tried everything previously mentioned without luck. I was not
    > able to use the Find funtion for "Then, try to do your thing with the
    > mail account's send receive. OEwill create a log file which is hard to
    > find. Use your Find functionfor pop3.log and open it and see what was
    > going on between those two. Then be sure to turn off your troubleshooter
    > or it will get real big." I can see NAV scanning the message, and it
    > wants to deliver it, but then it quits (with OE and Netscape) and I get
    > the error messages. I have talked to Pacifier Tech Support with no luck,
    > uninstalled and reinstalled Netscape, and have cruised the NAV support
    > site. I have turned the firewall and scanning off (NAV) and I still get
    > the message. I have emptied webmail and tried sending a message to me
    > without luck. Nothing like a good mystery but I am having no luck
    > solving this one. I am tempted to invest in another email program and
    > also software to repair error messages, but I hate giving in. Any
    > suggestions if I do inverst in a program(s)?
    > Thanks, Sue

    Sue,

    If both Netscape and Outlook Express are having the same problem, I doubt
    using another email program would do any good (but if you really want to
    go that road, you could try Eudora).

    NAV has lots of settings that aren't always obvious. You may have
    turned off the firewall and the scanning, but left another related
    feature enabled. My suggestion is to uninstall NAV or call their support
    number.

    You might also try refreshing tcp/ip and the winsock. (Others may tell
    you this isn't logical since you are able to browse. In theory, they are
    correct. But you are in the field, not in the lab.) To refresh these
    components, get to a command prompt (click Start > click Run > type cmd >
    click OK) and type the following, with a carriage return after each line.

    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

    netsh winsock reset

    Then restart the computer.
    Thoronwen, Nov 9, 2005