Message for Brian A

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Hana, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Hana

    Hana Guest

    Hi Brian,

    As per following post in this newsgroup:

    > I'm sure it's possible to set up the SPA to use different VOIP
    > providers and I'm starting to research that now so that I can use
    > VOIPCheap to call my daugter.

    >It is. And Brian A has a good guide at www.leafcom.co.uk

    I've been trying to get to your leafcom site for info on setting up my
    SPA3000 to use different VOIP providers but I can't seem to get to the
    site. Would you be able to reproduce your info here or do you have an
    alternative site anywhere?

    I really would appreciate your help,
    Many thanks,
    Hana
    Hana, Oct 6, 2006

  2. Hana

    Jono Guest

    I take it http://www.xs4skin.com/leafcom didn't work either?
    Jono, Oct 6, 2006

  3. Hana

    Hana Guest

    Hana, Oct 6, 2006
  4. Hana

    Brian A Guest

    On 6 Oct 2006 01:11:17 -0700, "Hana" <> wrote:

    >> I take it http://www.xs4skin.com/leafcom didn't work either?

    >Hi Jono,
    >
    >No it didn't work. I can get to the um host site so it's not the filter
    >but when I go to
    >http://www.xs4skin.com/leafcom the site http://www.leafcom.co.uk/
    >tries to open but just ends up staying blank. Same in both Explorer and
    >Firefox.

    I have emailed the content to you Hana.
    I will try to get some of my own web space sometime then I don't have
    to operate a framed site. I am busy constructing a proper site, in
    AJAX, but, as usual, the dreaded IE6 is complaining at some of my
    Javascript code that works perfectly in the Firefox DOM. I have
    written some code to try to PREVENT being tagged in google with the
    porn site where the site is hosted but people constantly try their
    damndest to break into it. Visitors are NOT supposed to be able to go
    to the porn site and tag a directory, my software, in most cases,
    stops that. It would be easier for me just to close the site down but
    I do know that lots of people do find it useful. So please bear with
    me until I can sort things out. I am sure it is a big joke pointing
    people to a porn site but it isn't exactly eye candy is it, so please
    spare people the trauma by not directing them to it. I would host on
    Blueyonder but their web space facilties are crap. They don't allow me
    PHP unless I pay then some more money and I think that, compared to
    other ISPs, I am paying them enough and they shouldn't be so stingy.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!
    Brian A, Oct 6, 2006
  5. Hana

    Hana Guest

    > I have emailed the content to you Hana.

    Thanks so much for that Brian, it's really useful, I'm going to sit
    down and concentrate on it the first chance I get.

    > I will try to get some of my own web space sometime then I don't have
    > to operate a framed site.
    >It would be easier for me just to close the site down but
    > I do know that lots of people do find it useful. So please bear with
    > me until I can sort things out.

    Looking forward to seeing your new site when it's up and running and
    thanks so much for sharing what you have learned with people on this
    forum.
    The same goes to the many regulars who post on this forum, you really
    are ALL VERY much appreciated.

    Thanks again,
    Hana
    Hana, Oct 6, 2006