Message Delay

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Juan Pérez, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Juan Pérez

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Joan & Larry Tarbell wrote:
    > I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18

    out of
    > 53 and it just gets hung there..
    > can I delete message 18 from input queue???
    >
    > help and thanks!

    You will have to contact your ISP for help. My guess is that you will
    have a lot of spam when the messages come through, if they indeed do get
    there. Your ISP may have to delete something from the server in order to
    break up the bottleneck.
    --
    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

    Juan Pérez, Jul 24, 2003

  2. "Joan & Larry Tarbell" <> wrote in message
    > I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out

    of
    > 53 and it just gets hung there..
    > can I delete message 18 from input queue???
    >
    > help and thanks!

    I assume your POP3 (Post Office Protocol, as in Outlook Express, etc.)
    account is on erols.com because of your email address. Going to

    http://www.erols.com/,

    RCN Internet Services, there is a link for "Frequently Asked Questions"

    http://www.rcn.com/customer/index.php.

    At the top is a link for "WebMail". Clicking it gives you:

    https://webmail.rcn.com/

    which asks for User Name and Password. Presumably, if you log in here, you
    can read and delete any messages, including the offending one. Try logging
    in, deleting all spam and seeing if you can then download onto your computer
    using your email client. If not, move a few messages to another folder
    besides Inbox on your Webmail account (it will likely let you do so) maybe
    one at a time and each time try download. Or another idea is forward them
    to another account of yours. Say yahoo or hotmail. You can also download
    using from a POP3 on Yahoo or hotmail but you would have to configure them
    to delete messages from your pop3 server afterward.

    I would start off with just logging on using Webmail and deleteing spam,
    etc. and see if that works. I had to log on to joimail's web server
    recently to delete an offending email and that fixed the problem.

    HTH

    John Seeliger, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Juan Pérez

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Hi
    Could you please adjust your Time Zone settings?
    You are posting in the future.Please follow the advice below. Don't just
    look at your clock then your watch and think there is nothing wrong with
    it,there is.

    1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
    2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
    3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME ZONE
    4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
    5. Then click OK to save it.

    Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help you with your question.

    Further reading:
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Thank You

    --

    Coming soon Facial Recognition-SharpVision DVR's Visit http://www.seedsv.com
    Live Web Demo now at http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm Simply the best.

    pcbutts1, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Juan Pérez

    Richard Guest

    > I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out

    of
    > 53 and it just gets hung there..
    > can I delete message 18 from input queue???
    >
    > help and thanks!

    Get another e-mail handling program as a backup.
    I've had this happen a few times. It appears to be within the e-mail itself.
    if you use mailwasher, you can at least eliminate the spam junk before you
    download the rest.
    www.mailwasher.com

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003
  5. I just tried message..receive all option--it says it is on message 18 out of

    Joan & Larry Tarbell, Jul 24, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:27:44
    GMT, pcbutts1 uttered this:

    Hmm...that explains why I didn't see the original message.

    William Poaster, Jul 24, 2003