    'thingy'.

    Am I missing something here?

    , Sep 15, 2005

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > After copious searching to no avail, I cannot find a reference to the
    > fact that Tbird doesn't seem to have a way to enable message count
    > displays. True, it does display unread message counts in folders but
    > there seems to be no way to see totals of read and unread, rather than
    > just a number showing unread which disappears of course when you read
    > them. It's nice to be able to see how many total messages a folder
    > contains.
    >
    > I did find some folk discussing erroneous counts as if somehow they had
    > enabled this display, wherein they referenced some sort of 'left hand
    > panel sidebar thingy' as one user called it, however in all versions
    > I've seen so far including the recent 1.5 beta, I don't see any such
    > 'thingy'.
    >
    > Am I missing something here?

    the "sidebar thingy" is presumably the list of newsgroups ? :)

    if so - look at the header bar for that list
    theres:
    a longer bar labelled "name"
    a small box

    clicking the small box, opens a small menu with 3 entries:
    "unread"
    "total"
    "size"

    setting these enables columns for these items

    , Sep 15, 2005