    anyway?

    i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these damn
    things but no luck. how do you ditch them??

    Jeremy Watts, May 2, 2006

  2. Jeremy Watts

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
    > small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more than
    > a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
    > background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt already
    > know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
    > anyway?
    >
    > i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these damn
    > things but no luck. how do you ditch them??

    You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
    control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
    The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
    the Tool Tips message off of the control.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 2, 2006

  3. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
    message news:rCL5g.6169$...
    > Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > > i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
    > > small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more

    than
    > > a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
    > > background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt

    already
    > > know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
    > > anyway?
    > >
    > > i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these

    damn
    > > things but no luck. how do you ditch them??
    > >

    > You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
    > control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
    > The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
    > the Tool Tips message off of the control.
    >
    > Duane :)

    you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

    Jeremy Watts, May 2, 2006
  4. Jeremy Watts

    Plato Guest

    Jeremy Watts wrote:

    > i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
    > small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more than

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    Tweaks and tools

    Plato, May 2, 2006
  5. Jeremy Watts

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Jeremy Watts wrote:
    > "Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
    > message news:rCL5g.6169$...
    >
    >>Jeremy Watts wrote:
    >>
    >>>i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
    >>>small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more

    > than
    >
    >>>a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
    >>>background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt

    > already
    >
    >>>know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
    >>>anyway?
    >>>
    >>>i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these

    > damn
    >
    >>>things but no luck. how do you ditch them??
    >>>

    >>You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
    >>control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
    >>The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
    >>the Tool Tips message off of the control.
    >>
    >>Duane :)

    > you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

    Yep, I myself only use them when something may be confusing to the
    end-user. The message may help in that way. Other programmers can go
    into over kill with Tool Tips.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 3, 2006
  6. Jeremy Watts

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

    I take what I have said back. It looks like another poster has something
    that may knock out some of the Tool Tips by using a program that makes
    some kind of registry change.

    Let me know if they all get knocked out on the tips on XP.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 3, 2006
  7. Jeremy Watts

    Uplink Guest

    I guess their could be reg hack for removing tool tips. open regedit and try
    some searching for "tool tip", "tooltip",

    Uplink, May 3, 2006