    died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according to a statement
    from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The Griffin
    Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    doS, Aug 12, 2007

  2. doS wrote:
    > Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    > Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his "Jeopardy"
    > and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar empire, has
    > died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according to a statement
    > from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The Griffin
    > Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    I guess none of us are getting out of this alive.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 13, 2007

  3. doS

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > doS wrote:
    >> Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    >> Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his
    >> "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar
    >> empire, has died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according
    >> to a statement from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The
    >> Griffin Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    > I guess none of us are getting out of this alive.

    LOL!

    WhzzKdd, Aug 13, 2007
  4. doS

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > doS wrote:
    > > Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    > > Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his

    "Jeopardy"
    > > and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar empire,

    has
    > > died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according to a

    statement
    > > from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The Griffin
    > > Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    > I guess none of us are getting out of this alive.

    You could say he's moved into "Final Jeopardy."

    DemoDisk, Aug 13, 2007
  5. doS

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    > Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his
    > "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar
    > empire, has died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according to
    > a statement from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The
    > Griffin Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    Old Merv had already used his free spin, hit the bankrupt spin, lost his
    winnings and lost the trip to Heaven, because he got greedy on the spins
    instead of solving the puzzle early, before spin 82.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 13, 2007
  6. doS

    DemoDisk Guest

    Re: Merv Griffin dies (a very rich man)

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    > Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his

    "Jeopardy"
    > and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar empire,

    has
    > died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according to a

    statement
    > from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The Griffin
    > Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    NPR News noted that Merv composed the theme music for 'Jeopardy,' and
    that he'd received some $70 to $80 million in royalties from it. I'm a
    fan of Jeopardy, but when I hear their theme, it sounds just like "I'm a
    Little Teapot."

    Merv Griffin plagiarized then copyrighted a nursery school song? That
    must have been one of L.A.s dearest jokes.

    DemoDisk, Aug 13, 2007
  7. doS

    olfart Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message

    > "doS" <> wrote in message
    >> Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    >> Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his
    >> "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar
    >> empire, has died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according
    >> to a statement from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for The
    >> Griffin Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    > Old Merv had already used his free spin, hit the bankrupt spin, lost his
    > winnings and lost the trip to Heaven, because he got greedy on the spins
    > instead of solving the puzzle early, before spin 82.

    HUH????

    olfart, Aug 13, 2007
  8. doS

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>
    >> "doS" <> wrote in message
    >>> Entertainer, entrepreneur Merv Griffin dies
    >>> Merv Griffin, the entertainer turned impresario who parlayed his
    >>> "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune" game shows into a multimillion-dollar
    >>> empire, has died. He was 82. Griffin died of prostate cancer, according
    >>> to a statement from his family that was released by a spokeswoman for
    >>> The Griffin Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment. full story

    >> Old Merv had already used his free spin, hit the bankrupt spin, lost his
    >> winnings and lost the trip to Heaven, because he got greedy on the spins
    >> instead of solving the puzzle early, before spin 82.

    > HUH????

    I take it you don't know what the "Wheel of Fortune" game show is about,
    which is nationwide in the US and some parts unknown. I wouldn't doubt it if
    some aliens on some distant planet are watching the show. The show has got
    to have been on at least 15 years, same thing with Jeopardy even longer.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 13, 2007
  9. doS

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Mr. Arnold.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > I take it you don't know what the "Wheel of Fortune" game show is about,
    > which is nationwide in the US and some parts unknown. I wouldn't doubt it if
    > some aliens on some distant planet are watching the show. The show has got
    > to have been on at least 15 years, same thing with Jeopardy even longer.

    We've even had WoF in the UK. Not running any more though.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Aug 13, 2007
  10. doS

    Guest

    Ponder <> wrote:

    >Hiya Mr. Arnold.
    >
    >In <news:> you wrote:
    >
    >> I take it you don't know what the "Wheel of Fortune" game show is about,
    >> which is nationwide in the US and some parts unknown. I wouldn't doubt it if
    >> some aliens on some distant planet are watching the show. The show has got
    >> to have been on at least 15 years, same thing with Jeopardy even longer.

    > We've even had WoF in the UK. Not running any more though.

    I had a version of WoF on my BBS, it was a very popular game with the
    users, some just logged into play it, and leave.
    --
    Hubble Pans Across Heavens to Harvest 50,000 Evolving Galaxies
    http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2007/06/image/e/warn/

    , Aug 13, 2007
  11. doS

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ponder <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hiya Mr. Arnold.
    >>
    >>In <news:> you wrote:
    >>
    >>> I take it you don't know what the "Wheel of Fortune" game show is about,
    >>> which is nationwide in the US and some parts unknown. I wouldn't doubt
    >>> it if
    >>> some aliens on some distant planet are watching the show. The show has
    >>> got
    >>> to have been on at least 15 years, same thing with Jeopardy even longer.

    >> We've even had WoF in the UK. Not running any more though.

    > I had a version of WoF on my BBS, it was a very popular game with the
    > users, some just logged into play it, and leave.

    If you ever visit my mom's house, who 86 years young and kicking strong,
    it's mandatory tv watching M-F 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm that's WoF and Jeopardy
    back to back, with no ifs, ands or buts.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 13, 2007
  12. doS

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:44:23 -0400, "Mr. Arnold" <MR.
    > wrote:

    >If you ever visit my mom's house, who 86 years young and kicking strong,
    >it's mandatory tv watching M-F 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm that's WoF and Jeopardy
    >back to back, with no ifs, ands or buts.

    6:30 - 7:30?

    Where at?

    It's 7-8 here on the West Coast. (and Jeopardy THE WoF).

    Evan Platt, Aug 13, 2007
  13. doS

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:44:23 -0400, "Mr. Arnold" <MR.
    > > wrote:
    >
    >>If you ever visit my mom's house, who 86 years young and kicking strong,
    >>it's mandatory tv watching M-F 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm that's WoF and Jeopardy
    >>back to back, with no ifs, ands or buts.

    > 6:30 - 7:30?
    >
    > Where at?
    >
    > It's 7-8 here on the West Coast. (and Jeopardy THE WoF).

    My bad that is CBS Evening news at 6:30 (the lady reporter) with WoF and
    Jeopardy following. Mom's verification on a phone call corrected this
    oversight. :)

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 13, 2007