Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Dec 22, 2007.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Dec 22, 2007

  2. pcbutts1

    Muze Groops Guest

    Muze Groops, Dec 22, 2007

  3. pcbutts1

    Lookout Guest

    Lookout, Dec 22, 2007
  4. pcbutts1

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:18:48 -0800, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, pcbutts1 Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > To everyone except the stalker troll Leythos.
    > http://www.greet2k.com/ecards/cgi-bin/postbox.php?card=071221201214UAv

    Very nice, thanks for sharing, and a Merry Christmas to you, and a
    prosperous New Year.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Dec 22, 2007
  5. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Your God.

    pcbutts1, Dec 22, 2007
  6. pcbutts1

    chuckcar Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

    > To everyone except the stalker troll Leythos.
    > http://www.greet2k.com/ecards/cgi-bin/postbox.php?card=071221201214UAv

    Merry Christmas. At least *someone* knows the word - In my corner of the
    world, a public elementary school (which means no religous connection at
    *all* - run by the provincial Govt.) put on a christmas pagent. The
    teachers were so neurotic about offending anyone that they 1. rewrote
    "Silver Bells" to change the word Christmas to festival. 2. When this
    created outrage, they included a jewish song and a muslim song in their
    *Christmas* pageant.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 22, 2007
  7. pcbutts1

    Stara Suka Guest

    Stara Suka, Dec 22, 2007
  8. pcbutts1

    Stara Suka Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    : "pcbutts1" <> wrote in
    : news:fkhs68$amo$:
    :
    : > To everyone except the stalker troll Leythos.
    : >
    http://www.greet2k.com/ecards/cgi-bin/postbox.php?card=071221201214UAv
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Merry Christmas. At least *someone* knows the word - In my corner
    of the
    : world, a public elementary school (which means no religous
    connection at
    : *all* - run by the provincial Govt.) put on a christmas pagent.
    The
    : teachers were so neurotic about offending anyone that they 1.
    rewrote
    : "Silver Bells" to change the word Christmas to festival. 2. When
    this
    : created outrage, they included a jewish song and a muslim song in
    their
    : *Christmas* pageant.
    :
    : --
    I read about that. It spoiled it for many students.
    Stara Suka, Dec 22, 2007
  9. pcbutts1

    Muze Groops Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Your God.

    do you really mean... our God?
    Muze Groops, Dec 22, 2007
  10. pcbutts1

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:56:14 -0800, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    >Your God.

    No such thing.
    Lookout, Dec 22, 2007
  11. pcbutts1

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:01:48 -0500, Muze Groops
    <> wrote:

    >pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Your God.
    >>

    >do you really mean... our God?

    HAHAHAH. Such simple minded fools.
    Lookout, Dec 22, 2007
  12. pcbutts1

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:06:07 +0100 (CET), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >"pcbutts1" <> wrote in
    >
    >> To everyone except the stalker troll Leythos.
    >> http://www.greet2k.com/ecards/cgi-bin/postbox.php?card=071221201214UAv
    >>

    >Merry Christmas. At least *someone* knows the word - In my corner of the
    >world, a public elementary school (which means no religous connection at
    >*all* - run by the provincial Govt.) put on a christmas pagent. The
    >teachers were so neurotic about offending anyone that they 1. rewrote
    >"Silver Bells" to change the word Christmas to festival. 2. When this
    >created outrage, they included a jewish song and a muslim song in their
    >*Christmas* pageant.

    Which is asinine. I stopped my daughter's school from handing out
    bibles so when christmas came around they were nervous as hell. One of
    her teachers finally approached me to ask what was acceptable and she
    was amused when I told here I don't care about the holiday stuff. We
    actually got along pretty good after that once we sat down an talked
    about it.

    As a deist I say merry christmas. And like most Americans I have a
    pagan tree in the corner and a Santa and Ms Claus statue. Drive down
    the street and you'll see more Santas and Frostys and Rudolphs than
    you will see manger scenes. In the mall..do yo see kids lining up to
    see Mary and Joseph? Nope...they want to see Santa.
    Lookout, Dec 22, 2007
  13. pcbutts1

    flickfan Guest

    flickfan, Dec 22, 2007
  14. pcbutts1

    flickfan, Dec 22, 2007
  15. pcbutts1

    flickfan Guest

    I read the bible and i never see where the "christian" is to
    celebrate Jesus' bithday........remember his death, yes, partake in
    his sufferings, yes, conform to his image, yes, know him in the power
    of his resurection, yes, hope for his coming, yes.......Sorry, but
    Jesus is not a little baby in a manger any longer and he is no longer
    on the cross..........He is sitting with God in "heavenly places"
    probably looking down on this unprofitable (in the eternal sense of
    the word) holiday we so revere saying, "Father forgive them for they
    know not what they do"

    And as far as "christians" worrying about the world taking this out of
    that.........."let the wheat and the tares grow up togeather, till the
    time of the harvest and then God will sort it out" my KJV paraphrases

    Have a merry DAY

    flickfan, Dec 22, 2007
  16. pcbutts1

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Dec 22, 2007
  17. pcbutts1

    who'sthat Guest

    Why believe any of it? It's a fairy tale.

    who'sthat, Dec 22, 2007
  18. pcbutts1

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:50:38 -0600, flickfan <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:03:31 -0600, Lookout <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> I stopped my daughter's school from handing out
    >>bibles so when christmas came around they were nervous as hell.

    >>Did you now? With that kind of power at your disposal,
    >>why don't you apply it towards more worthwhile endeavours?
    >>Bibles in schools? Are you so worried that the students will be swayed one way
    >>or another? Just goes to show how little influence the parents really have
    >>over their children. To quote from the "bible", "train up your child the way they should go,
    >>and when they are old they will not depart from it"

    >>"It takes a village to raise a nut"
    >>Tim Wilson

    First of all...it's illegal They were wrong to allow it and showing a
    bad example to the kids. They should follow the law.

    Second...I gave them the option of allowing other religious material
    to be handed out and they said "no". As long as the kids are allowed
    other material I was ok with it AND as long as they were told that the
    bible is a fairy tale, that a man never walked on water...that a man
    ever ascended anywhere...that there is no proof that a god exists. All
    I expect from the schools is they teach the truth.

    "The Christian God can be easily pictured as virtually the same as the
    many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three
    headed monster; cruel, evil and capricious. If one wishes to know more
    of this raging, three headed, beast-like god, one only needs to look
    at the caliber of the people who say they serve him. The are always of
    two classes: fools and hypocrites."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

    "During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of
    Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in
    all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility
    in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."
    -- James Madison

    "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man"
    -- Thomas Jefferson

    You want quotes? You give me a comedian and I give you our Founding
    Fathers.
    who'sthat, Dec 22, 2007
  19. pcbutts1

    Phat Sam Guest

    Phat Sam, Dec 22, 2007
  20. pcbutts1

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:12:09 -0600, flickfan wrote:

    > I read the bible and i never see where the "christian" is to celebrate
    > Jesus' bithday........remember his death, yes, partake in his
    > sufferings, yes, conform to his image, yes, know him in the power of his
    > resurection, yes, hope for his coming, yes.......Sorry, but Jesus is not
    > a little baby in a manger any longer and he is no longer on the
    > cross..........He is sitting with God in "heavenly places" probably
    > looking down on this unprofitable (in the eternal sense of the word)
    > holiday we so revere saying, "Father forgive them for they know not
    > what they do"
    >
    > And as far as "christians" worrying about the world taking this out of
    > that.........."let the wheat and the tares grow up togeather, till the
    > time of the harvest and then God will sort it out" my KJV paraphrases
    >
    > Have a merry DAY

    Your full stop key is sticking again mate. Remember it's limited life. :)
    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2007