    obvious that I've pasted them in?

    I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
    seem to get them to match.

    Mentalguy2k8, Sep 14, 2011

  2. Mentalguy2k8

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:38:12 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a couple of pictures I'd like to "combine", but they were taken at
    >different places with different lighting... pic A has a decent picture of a
    >group of people but an awful background, pic B is an excellent background.
    >Is there an easy way to kind of "average" out the pictures so that if I cut
    >out the people from pic A, I can paste them into pic B without it looking
    >obvious that I've pasted them in?
    >
    >I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
    >seem to get them to match.

    You have not stated what software you have to do this. Without
    knowing that, not much in the way of instructive advice can be given.

    I use Photoshop CS4. I would use a Layer Mask to treat the foreground
    differently from the background, but I don't know if you have
    Photoshop.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 14, 2011

  3. Mentalguy2k8

    Mentalguy2k8 Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:38:12 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have a couple of pictures I'd like to "combine", but they were taken at
    >>different places with different lighting... pic A has a decent picture of
    >>group of people but an awful background, pic B is an excellent background.
    >>Is there an easy way to kind of "average" out the pictures so that if I
    >>cut
    >>out the people from pic A, I can paste them into pic B without it looking
    >>obvious that I've pasted them in?
    >>
    >>I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
    >>seem to get them to match.

    > You have not stated what software you have to do this. Without
    > knowing that, not much in the way of instructive advice can be given.
    >
    > I use Photoshop CS4. I would use a Layer Mask to treat the foreground
    > differently from the background, but I don't know if you have
    > Photoshop.

    No, just Paint Shop Pro. I guess I was asking if there was any software that
    could analyse both images and kind of "average" them out, so they looked
    similar before I cut out the people from one and pasted them into the other.
    I have no idea about layers and that kind of thing I'm afraid, I was looking
    for an all-in-one solution :(

    Mentalguy2k8, Sep 15, 2011
  4. Mentalguy2k8

    Irwell Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:30:52 +0100, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

    > "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:38:12 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I have a couple of pictures I'd like to "combine", but they were taken at
    >>>different places with different lighting... pic A has a decent picture of
    >>>group of people but an awful background, pic B is an excellent background.
    >>>Is there an easy way to kind of "average" out the pictures so that if I
    >>>cut
    >>>out the people from pic A, I can paste them into pic B without it looking
    >>>obvious that I've pasted them in?
    >>>
    >>>I've tried adjusting all the colours, contrast, brightness etc,. but can't
    >>>seem to get them to match.

    >> You have not stated what software you have to do this. Without
    >> knowing that, not much in the way of instructive advice can be given.
    >>
    >> I use Photoshop CS4. I would use a Layer Mask to treat the foreground
    >> differently from the background, but I don't know if you have
    >> Photoshop.

    > No, just Paint Shop Pro. I guess I was asking if there was any software that
    > could analyse both images and kind of "average" them out, so they looked
    > similar before I cut out the people from one and pasted them into the other.
    > I have no idea about layers and that kind of thing I'm afraid, I was looking
    > for an all-in-one solution :(

    2Pic will do this for you. A free download.
    http://2pic.moor-software.com/download.php?lang=English

    Irwell, Sep 15, 2011
  5. Mentalguy2k8

    Savageduck Guest

    In article <4e72f30e$-privat.org>,
    Jimmpy <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:38:06 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
    >
    > > On 2011-09-15 09:30:52 -0700, "Mentalguy2k8" <> said:
    > >

    > >> "tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    > >> No, just Paint Shop Pro. I guess I was asking if there was any software
    > >> that could analyse both images and kind of "average" them out, so they
    > >> looked similar before I cut out the people from one and pasted them
    > >> into the other. I have no idea about layers and that kind of thing I'm
    > >> afraid, I was looking for an all-in-one solution :(

    > > Why not post the source files and see if any of us who have capable
    > > software can solve this problem for you?

    > How much and will Rich have a hand in it?

    Not at all, he just whines.
    Others here actually do stuff, and we can prove it.

    You certainly can't demonstrate any valuable contribution. I can't say
    that the reappearance of the "UK nymshifter" is in anyway welcome.

    --
    Regards,
    Savageduck

    Savageduck, Sep 16, 2011