    would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary computer
    and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy way to do this?

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Tony Raven wrote:
    > Due to a PSU fault my laptop has been away for repair and I've been
    > using a temporary computer while its away. When the laptop comes back I
    > would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary computer
    > and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy way to do this?
    >
    > Tony

    It can certainly be done. Copy the Inbox (no extension) file in your
    temp computer's profile. Rename it to Newbox. Paste it in to the
    account folder on your laptop's profile folder when its resurrected.
    You will then see a new folder called Newbox for that account. Refile
    the mail as you need to.

    This is the short version. If its not clear enough, repost when you
    have both computers available and running, and I'll be more precise.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> Due to a PSU fault my laptop has been away for repair and I've been
    >> using a temporary computer while its away. When the laptop comes back
    >> I would like to transfer all the mail in Tbird on the temporary
    >> computer and merge it with the mail on the laptop. Is there an easy
    >> way to do this?
    >>
    >> Tony

    > It can certainly be done. Copy the Inbox (no extension) file in your
    > temp computer's profile. Rename it to Newbox. Paste it in to the
    > account folder on your laptop's profile folder when its resurrected. You
    > will then see a new folder called Newbox for that account. Refile the
    > mail as you need to.
    >
    > This is the short version. If its not clear enough, repost when you
    > have both computers available and running, and I'll be more precise.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks, doing the rebuild this weekend and will give it a try. Seems
    simple enough

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Dec 4, 2004