    and wondering if there is a way just to merge the to networks
    connections on the pc

    many thanks

    naza, Jan 26, 2008

  2. naza

    Dave Guest

    "naza" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to make an ethernet connection and wireless connection
    > into one so that programs. I have got two internet connections which I
    > want join together so we can get a merged speed of both lines. I dont
    > want to spent lots of money on a router which has two internet ports
    > and wondering if there is a way just to merge the to networks
    > connections on the pc
    >
    > many thanks

    in general, no.

    Dave, Jan 26, 2008

  3. Hi
    Even with a Router that have two WAN ports you can not merge two Independent
    Internet connections.
    At entry level it is only possible to merge with special dual connection
    supported by the ISP for merging.
    Combining Bandwidth - http://www.ezlan.net/loadbalance.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 26, 2008
  4. naza

    naza Guest

    Is there something like a download manager which downloads in parts
    which can use multiple adapters. I think Load balancing of the number
    of connections is what I need. I would assume that multiple
    connections that are made by download managers and accelerators
    qualify?

    naza, Jan 26, 2008
  5. Hi
    When you download from two independent connections part of the "balancing"
    has to be dome on the server side.
    If their is No coordination provided by the ISPs on the server side, No
    hardware in the world will help you on the client side (your side).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 27, 2008
  6. naza

    Adair Winter Guest

    > Hi
    > When you download from two independent connections part of the "balancing"
    > has to be dome on the server side.
    > If their is No coordination provided by the ISPs on the server side, No
    > hardware in the world will help you on the client side (your side).
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Right, bonding two internet conections together at the router will not give
    you more speed when downloading a large file, what it will do is allow you
    to max out one connection and when someone behind you starts to download a
    large file the router will send them out the other connection.
    As others have stated you'd have to involve your ISP and have special
    equipment to actually bond two (or more together) and increase the overall
    bandwidth.
    IE, you could get two T1's bonded at the ISP for a total up/down of 3Meg.

    Here at our church (8000 members) we use a sonic wall router to manage two
    internet connections. One is a T1 and the other is a Cable, We have the
    terminal server and exchange setup to use the T1 and web browsing goes out
    the cable modem.

    Adair

    Adair Winter, Jan 27, 2008
  7. naza

    gigerbyte

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Yes!

    I have been trying to do this forever. I found a compnay called
    www.workman-engineering.com that makes servers cheap as hell to do it. Looks like they are sold out though. :driver:

    gigerbyte, Oct 8, 2008
  8. naza

    zsazsa2011

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Try Broadband Bonding

    Adair, a while back you wrote:

    "Right, bonding two internet conections together at the router will not give
    you more speed when downloading a large file, what it will do is allow you
    to max out one connection and when someone behind you starts to download a large file the router will send them out the other connection."

    I think if you use true broadband bonding you actually will have greater speed when downloading a large file.

    What you describe above is load balancing, which is what most companies offer. But there are some companies that offer products that can actually aggregate the speeds and make a larger pipe.

    I think if you google "Broadband Bonding" you should be able to find what I'm talking about.

    zsazsa2011, Feb 9, 2011
  9. naza

    octopusplus

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    You can use OCTOPUS+ software to achieve this
    Visit http://www.octopusplus.com
    OCTOPUS+ is an innovative Internet Source Manger that brings a new revolutionary change in the way internet connections are utilized. OCTOPUS+ will help in utilizing all the active internet connections available in a computer. OCTOPUS+ will intelligently manage the traffic between a computer and the internet among the available active internet connections. This will ease out the congestion through each of the active internet connections and thereby maximizing internet traffic throughput

    Attached Files:

    octopusplus, Apr 4, 2011