    play of the main feature (automatic transition from former "A side" to "B
    side"). Is this doable with, say, DVDReMakePro? If so, how?
    Thanks!
    Gile, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Gile

    Guest

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:38:14 +0100, "Gile" <> wrote:

    >Hi! I'm looking for a way to backup a "flipper" DVD-10 (two-sided one layer
    >disc) to a normal DVD-5 (one sided one layer).

    <snip>
    DVDshrink
    , Feb 15, 2007

  3. Gile

    Bill's News Guest

    "Gile" <> wrote in message
    > Hi! I'm looking for a way to backup a "flipper" DVD-10
    > (two-sided one layer disc) to a normal DVD-5 (one sided one
    > layer). The problem is that I would like to keep the menues,
    > possibly merge them, and I would like a continous play of the
    > main feature (automatic transition from former "A side" to "B
    > side"). Is this doable with, say, DVDReMakePro? If so, how?
    > Thanks!

    DvdReMake comes close. What it will do is create a super-menu
    allowing a choice between the two original menus, now both on
    the same side of the DVD. I am not sure, however, that it has
    an option, in this mode, of continuous play from the side A
    feature to the side B feature (I suppose one would wonder: why
    have menu B in such a case?) But, if it does not have this
    option, all is not lost - it also enables you to modify VM
    commands.

    Sounds like a fun project, the result of which would be
    interesting to hear about.

    One would think that, by now, any of the contemporary approaches
    to DVD players would have created a built in system of resolving
    more than one VIDEO_TS folder on a DVD. Perhaps with a numeric
    postfix, or possibly more simply by handling additional folders
    within the VIDEO-TS folder. It's not like these players need
    concern themselves with an antiquated standard they've already
    circumvented when offering AVI, MP3, MPEGISO, etc., eh?
    Bill's News, Feb 15, 2007
  4. Gile

    Gile Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    I have started playing with DVDReMake Pro, but I am not quite familiar with
    all the VM commands and editing of those...guess I'll just have too start
    exploring.

    Gile, Feb 16, 2007