    I'm running WindowsXP

    This is handy at times but I find it a bit of a pain.

    Many thanks
    Alan, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Alan

    Guest

    Although ToolTips may be helpful, you might find it annoying. To
    disable it, go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop. On the
    right pane, double-click UserPreferencemask and change the value to 3E
    00 00 00. To enable it again, change the value back to BE 00 00 00.
    , Mar 30, 2006

  3. Alan

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to turn off the pale yellow/cream box that appears when
    > you hover over a file, menu or program on the Desktop?
    > I'm running WindowsXP
    >
    > This is handy at times but I find it a bit of a pain.

    Control Panel - Folder Options - View Tab
    Clear *show popup description*

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 30, 2006