    I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
    computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

    , Sep 22, 2006

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar

    Mumia W. (reading news), Sep 22, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
    > gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
    > I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
    > computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

    Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
    more time.

    Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
    to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
    your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
    extension. More information here:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
    > > gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
    > > I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
    > > computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.
    > >

    > Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
    > more time.
    >
    > Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
    > to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
    > your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
    > extension. More information here:
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
    Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
    extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
    Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
    much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
    frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.

    , Sep 24, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I am getting this <menu insertafter="sanitizeitem" line in the bottom,
    >>> gray, 20 per cent of the Firefox 1.5.0.7 window. What is this? How can
    >>> I return the window to normal? I am using Win98SE. I am not of the
    >>> computer generation so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
    >> more time.
    >>
    >> Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
    >> to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
    >> your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
    >> extension. More information here:
    >>
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
    > Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
    > extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
    > Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
    > much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
    > frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.

    Good news!

    You probably could have saved yourself some trouble and just created a
    new profile to accomplish the same goal, but the main point it that its
    working.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 24, 2006
  6. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >>>
    > >> Quick answer. If this is not clear, I'll try to post back when I have
    > >> more time.
    > >>
    > >> Most likely an incompatible theme or extension. First, check for updates
    > >> to your themes and extensions. If that fails to solve it, disable all
    > >> your extensions, and reenable them one by one until you find the problem
    > >> extension. More information here:
    > >>
    > >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
    > >>
    > >> Lee

    > > Thanks guys. I think, by accident, I uninstalled something vital from
    > > Firefox. My particular installation was full of "bloat", too many
    > > extensions, too many bookmarks etc. So I "completely!!" uninstalled
    > > Firefox, every file possible, then re-install Firefox 1.5.0.7 with a
    > > much "leaner" set of extensions with much fewer bookmarks, other
    > > frills. Now I have a much more managable Firefox, running effeciently.
    > >

    > Good news!
    >
    > You probably could have saved yourself some trouble and just created a
    > new profile to accomplish the same goal, but the main point it that its
    > working.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee. I am so much happier with my leaner, quicker, only
    essential extensions Firefox. In my previous installation, I went nuts,
    65 extensions, about 250 bookmarks. Now I have 20 extensions, key among
    them Adblock Plus, Auto Copy, Auto Fill, Fasterfox, Flashblock, IE View
    Lite, Image Toolbar, Mouse Zoom, Update Notifier + only essential
    bookmarks. Sometimes starting fresh gives a totally new perspective to
    Firefox. Because I only have a P3 600, with Ultra Lite Cable Internet,
    this new configuration is making Firefox get to web pages much quicker.
    Thanks again for your input.

    Ken

    , Sep 25, 2006