    use a flash menu and some kind of autorun to launch it? This will need to
    work on dvd players as well as dvd drives.

    TIA, Andrew.

    Andrew Tucker, Sep 6, 2003

  2. in article , Andrew Tucker at
    wrote on 9/5/03 10:30 PM:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I want to be able to design my own menu's for dvd's comprised of short video
    > clips. What is a good program to use? This may be a dumb question but can i
    > use a flash menu and some kind of autorun to launch it? This will need to
    > work on dvd players as well as dvd drives.
    >
    > TIA, Andrew.

    That won't work.

    The best DVD authoring program is DVD Studio Pro 2.0 for the Mac. This
    allows you to do virtually anything you'd find in a commercial DVD including
    Dolby Digital 5.1, angles, language tracks, subtitles, etc...

    You'll want Photoshop or at least Photoshop Elements. You'll also want
    Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express (you could also use Avid or the
    discontinued Premiere). And you might also want Adobe After Effects if
    you're serious about menu effects.

    Of course you could just modify the templates in DVD Studio Pro 2.0.

    If you're not interested in "advanced" features (DD5.1, angles, scripts,
    subtitles, etc...) then iDVD would be the way to go for the Mac. It's free
    with any new Mac, so is iMovie (which for light work could replace Final
    Cut).

    For Windows, the best application is Adobe Encore, not as good as DVD Studio
    Pro 2.0, but best you can do on Windows XP. Same thing here, you'll want
    Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere.

    ReplyToGroupOnly, Sep 6, 2003