Menu bar background washed out colour to left

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    XP Home

    This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP theme
    with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background to all the
    toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the left side of the
    menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler than the right. It is so
    slight that I am not sure if it has always been that way but I am noticing
    it all the time now. It is not an artefact or the monitor because I took a
    screen dump and compared the two ends the of bar in another area of the
    screen and one is colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is
    colour R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
    latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the scheme
    back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a time before I
    noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in Outlook Express but
    Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also affected. Some third party
    applications with very small toolbars like Edxor are not affected. Has
    anybody had this or know of a fix? It is starting to drive me crackers.
    Thanks.

    --
    Regards

    Mike, Jul 10, 2004

  2. "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > XP Home
    >
    > This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP theme
    > with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background to all the
    > toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the left side of the
    > menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler than the right. It is

    so
    > slight that I am not sure if it has always been that way but I am noticing
    > it all the time now. It is not an artefact or the monitor because I took a
    > screen dump and compared the two ends the of bar in another area of the
    > screen and one is colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is
    > colour R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
    > latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the scheme
    > back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a time before I
    > noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in Outlook Express but
    > Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also affected. Some third party
    > applications with very small toolbars like Edxor are not affected. Has
    > anybody had this or know of a fix? It is starting to drive me crackers.
    > Thanks.

    It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes do the
    same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Synapse Syndrome wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> XP Home
    >>
    >> This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP
    >> theme with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background
    >> to all the toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the
    >> left side of the menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler
    >> than the right. It is so slight that I am not sure if it has always
    >> been that way but I am noticing it all the time now. It is not an
    >> artefact or the monitor because I took a screen dump and compared
    >> the two ends the of bar in another area of the screen and one is
    >> colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is colour
    >> R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
    >> latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the
    >> scheme back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a
    >> time before I noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in
    >> Outlook Express but Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also
    >> affected. Some third party applications with very small toolbars
    >> like Edxor are not affected. Has anybody had this or know of a fix?
    >> It is starting to drive me crackers. Thanks.
    >>

    > It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
    > do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.

    I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation varies
    between applications, second it is at most only very slight and so just
    offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the other application
    areas are similarly graded so again it makes it look offputting. This OE
    message window I am typing into now for example has the very slightly paler
    left side to the menubar and toolbar but the panel directly below it (News
    Server, Newsgroups etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

    --
    Regards

    Mike, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Synapse Syndrome wrote:
    >> "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >>> XP Home
    >>>
    >>> This is a tiny point but it is annoying. I am using the default XP
    >>> theme with the (default) blue colour scheme so that the background
    >>> to all the toolbars is a light buff colour. Recently however the
    >>> left side of the menubar and toolbar have become very slightly paler
    >>> than the right. It is so slight that I am not sure if it has always
    >>> been that way but I am noticing it all the time now. It is not an
    >>> artefact or the monitor because I took a screen dump and compared
    >>> the two ends the of bar in another area of the screen and one is
    >>> colour R:241 G:241 B:237 (Hex: #F1F1ED) and the other is colour
    >>> R:238 G:234 B:213 (Hex: #EEEAD5). The other tool areas are all the
    >>> latter colour. I have tried resetting the XP theme and altering the
    >>> scheme back and forth and even using System Restore to go back to a
    >>> time before I noticed this but nothing works. It is most apparent in
    >>> Outlook Express but Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are also
    >>> affected. Some third party applications with very small toolbars
    >>> like Edxor are not affected. Has anybody had this or know of a fix?
    >>> It is starting to drive me crackers. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
    >> do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.
    >>

    > I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation
    > varies between applications, second it is at most only very slight
    > and so just offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the
    > other application areas are similarly graded so again it makes it
    > look offputting. This OE message window I am typing into now for
    > example has the very slightly paler left side to the menubar and
    > toolbar but the panel directly below it (News Server, Newsgroups
    > etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

    As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the opposite
    direction.

    --
    Regards

    Mike, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Mike

    ron Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    > > Synapse Syndrome wrote:
    > >> "Mike" <> wrote in message

    > >> It's supposed to look that you twit. All three of the colour schemes
    > >> do the same. I use different, more tasteful schemes myself.
    > >>

    > > I considered that but I am not sure. First the degree of gradation
    > > varies between applications, second it is at most only very slight
    > > and so just offputting rather than a feature. Thirdly none of the
    > > other application areas are similarly graded so again it makes it
    > > look offputting. This OE message window I am typing into now for
    > > example has the very slightly paler left side to the menubar and
    > > toolbar but the panel directly below it (News Server, Newsgroups
    > > etc.), is not graded and looks odd therefore. Thanks.

    > As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the opposite
    > direction.
    >
    > --
    > Regards

    format c: then reinstall should fix it

    ron, Jul 10, 2004
  6. Mike

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ron" <> wrote in message
    >| "Mike" <> wrote in message

    >| > As a fourth point the default titlebar colour grade is in the
    >| > opposite direction.
    >| >
    >| > --
    >| > Regards
    >| >
    >| format c: then reinstall should fix it